Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Snoo bassinet
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:25 pm
DH and I both work. He’s particular about getting enough sleep and I’m a horrible sleeper. Does it work well? How much noise does it make and how long can you use it for?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:37 pm
I've heard about it and whoever I know that was looking into it was turned off because you can’t use it shabbos and by the price.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I've heard about it and whoever I know that was looking into it was turned off because you can’t use it shabbos and by the price.

We are able to put it into our budget if it means sleep. I want to know if it really helps sleep The woman that recommended it said it is allowed to be used on Shabbos as its automatic and for the baby. We can ask our rav.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are able to put it into our budget if it means sleep. I want to know if it really helps sleep The woman that recommended it said it is allowed to be used on Shabbos as its automatic and for the baby. We can ask our rav.

If you hear from someone that it really works and approves sleep, please update. So far I haven't found anyone that got it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:22 am
I had it for my fourth baby.

My babies are tiny terrors and the thought of going through it again drove me to tears.

The snoo was the best purchase of my life. My baby slept through the night and was so content. It’s a dream come true.

We figured out a way to use it on shabbos. We clicked in a Snoo swaddle and kept that it all shabbos. The baby was wrapped in a different swaddle so when I needed to pick the baby up, I didn’t stop the Snoo.

Good luck!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:23 am
I know someone that got it and it didn't work for their baby. That's not too say it doesn't work at all but it didn't work for them.

That said, becoming a parent means you will not sleep well for various periods of time. As someone who NEEDS her sleep, it's sheer torture and the one major thing about parenthood that makes me want to throw in the towel sometimes. So be prepared for a tough tough transition

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:39 am
Following. I like the idea of renting it. No commitment and much cheaper. My past babies were sleeping through the night by three months, so if this helps until then it doesn’t come out that expansive. Would love to hear from other who have it!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:23 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I know someone that got it and it didn't work for their baby. That's not too say it doesn't work at all but it didn't work for them.

That said, becoming a parent means you will not sleep well for various periods of time. As someone who NEEDS her sleep, it's sheer torture and the one major thing about parenthood that makes me want to throw in the towel sometimes. So be prepared for a tough tough transition

This BH isn’t our first baby but it was a surprise. The sleep thing is what we are most worried about. A fly buzzing woke me up this morning 🤦🏻‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:29 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Following. I like the idea of renting it. No commitment and much cheaper. My past babies were sleeping through the night by three months, so if this helps until then it doesn’t come out that expansive. Would love to hear from other who have it!

We are looking at renting with the cost. There’s a minimum one month rental of it doesn’t work out. Past babies have slept through the night at about the same age. I like to move them out of our room early so they don’t smell us. BH all good sleepers unlike DH and I.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are looking at renting with the cost. There’s a minimum one month rental of it doesn’t work out. Past babies have slept through the night at about the same age. I like to move them out of our room early so they don’t smell us. BH all good sleepers unlike DH and I.

When are you due? If before me, I’ll wait to hear how you like it Wink

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:29 am
We got it. We were in a situation of holding the baby all the time for night and naps.
The snoo was great in that it was a major improvement that she slept in there.
That said- we didn’t have an amazing experience with sleep.
So it was way better than previously but not as good as we hoped.
Also, we still had trouble with sleep training.
We did use it on shabbos but I don’t remember the details of how we did it - I only two parts:
1. We turned it on before shabbos
And
2. We would rush to pick her up when she cries because if they cry too long or hard it auto shuts off

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:57 am
My coworker had it and loved it. Her baby slept thru the night very early.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
We got it. We were in a situation of holding the baby all the time for night and naps.
The snoo was great in that it was a major improvement that she slept in there.
That said- we didn’t have an amazing experience with sleep.
So it was way better than previously but not as good as we hoped.
Also, we still had trouble with sleep training.
We did use it on shabbos but I don’t remember the details of how we did it - I only two parts:
1. We turned it on before shabbos
And
2. We would rush to pick her up when she cries because if they cry too long or hard it auto shuts off

I had the same experience. My son was sleeping in our bed so we got it and he slept there which was great but I don't think it extended his sleep time at all. He's now 4.5 months and does not like it anymore. We keep it on for shabbos and take him out of the swaddle but leave it clipped in.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I had the same experience. My son was sleeping in our bed so we got it and he slept there which was great but I don't think it extended his sleep time at all. He's now 4.5 months and does not like it anymore. We keep it on for shabbos and take him out of the swaddle but leave it clipped in.

Would you say it can’t hurt to try it?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:09 am
My sister in law loves it. She didn’t buy it though. Someone lent it to her.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:14 pm
How to go about renting it?
Can someone post a link?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:15 pm
I got a little nervous now, because I read a few reviews that it starting rocking very fast suddenly.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:16 pm
https://www.happiestbaby.com/p.....w_wcB

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:53 pm
They have a 30 day free trial so I figured I really have nothing to to lose so I purchased it on the condition that I can send it back.
I was so disappointed that it didn’t work for my baby. I returned it and got a full refund.

lucky14

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:12 pm
Is it hard to transition baby from it to a real crib when they get too big?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics