Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:38 am
My children seem to constantly come down with pinworms. We treat everyone with PinX, wash linen and so on, but they keep passing it around.
Why did Vermox stop being manufactured? What else can I give them as a preventative and/or treatment?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:50 am
We use Vermox (Israel) and we have the same situation. I have one kid in particular who isn't conscious of what she touches and how she puts her dirty fingers in her mouth, and I think she keeps catching it over and over, and passing it to the rest of the family. I've heard that keeping nails clipped and teaching the children proper hygiene is the best way to keep it away. But that's not so easy....

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:52 am
De-Worm is basically Vermox.

Have you tried looking into overseas pharmacies? I usually order from New Zealand. Buy in bulk, so you always have some on hand. When the kids are itchy, you don't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks for shipping.

I can't remember the name of the company right now, because I haven't ordered in a long time. Maybe you can find a source here: https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:17 am
Did you try the garlic suppositories? They sell it in the pharmacies. I give it occasionally as a preventive, and if I think they have I give it right away so I can try to avoid medication.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:33 am
Give them showers not baths.

If possible shower them every morning.

I've also heard that aquaphor on the area before bedtime can prevent itching (which will in turn prevent reinfection, and can hinder the pinworms' movement.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:28 pm
Did you inform your child’s daycare/playgroup?
They can be getting reinfected in school.
Unfortunately in my experience, many morahs are not on top of hand washing and cleaning toys etc, and in those cases, it’s extremely hard to get rid of. Speaking from some very hard experiences.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Did you inform your child’s daycare/playgroup?
They can be getting reinfected in school.
Unfortunately in my experience, many morahs are not on top of hand washing and cleaning toys etc, and in those cases, it’s extremely hard to get rid of. Speaking from some very hard experiences.

Pinworm eggs are INVISIBLE. They can literally float on the air like dust particles.

When DD was "in the pinworm parsha", we dewormed everyone on a schedule, every 3 months. DD, me, and the dogs. We were constantly cleaning linens, upholstery, and keeping on top of hand washing. Make sure you use a fingernail brush or an old toothbrush to scrub under the nails, especially if your child has been playing in the dirt.

I know it's difficult, but try to get your child to wash their hands before going to the bathroom, as well as after. If they have touched something infected, they can touch their privates and get it right back again.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:35 pm
We used zahlers paragard for 30 days, it was pretty effective...

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Pinworm eggs are INVISIBLE. They can literally float on the air like dust particles.

When DD was "in the pinworm parsha", we dewormed everyone on a schedule, every 3 months. DD, me, and the dogs. We were constantly cleaning linens, upholstery, and keeping on top of hand washing. Make sure you use a fingernail brush or an old toothbrush to scrub under the nails, especially if your child has been playing in the dirt.

I know it's difficult, but try to get your child to wash their hands before going to the bathroom, as well as after. If they have touched something infected, they can touch their privates and get it right back again.

I know pinworm eggs are invisible. I have done hours of research on pinworms. But one thing is clear, if a Morah doesn’t make sure that everyone is washing their hands after the bathroom and before lunch, then it will definitely spread throughout the group, irrespective of airborne particles. When my child left that group, we were able to eradicate them.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:43 pm
And actually, washing hands before the bathroom will probably not help anything. They are transmitted orally, when eggs are swallowed. Bathing first thing in the morning is very important to reduce amount of eggs. Change underwear every morning and night. Don’t reuse towels. Don’t rewear pajamas. Yes, it’s a lot of laundry.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:45 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
And actually, washing hands before the bathroom will probably not help anything. They are transmitted orally, when eggs are swallowed. Bathing first thing in the morning is very important to reduce amount of eggs. Change underwear every morning and night. Don’t reuse towels. Don’t rewear pajamas. Yes, it’s a lot of laundry.

This. I think it's an old myth that you can get pinworms rectally.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:13 pm
Been using cina30 pellets. Can't say that it hasn't returned but I'm happy I don't have to give meds

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:16 pm
Pindrops from the company herbari has worked wonders for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics