Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone from Florida?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 6:13 pm
I want to go for a vacation but am so confused by all the places there. Miami beach, upper Miami, Northern Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Bal Harbor, Which of these have shuls nearby? I take my own food, but I can't shlep along minyan. Very Happy And of course it has to be a decent place.

I've seen ads from hotels... they take a picture from their nicest room, and when you actually get there, you find a dump. So That is why I am looking for personal recommendations of a place to stay.

justanothermother

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 6:37 pm
As someone who has a house in Florida I have no idea about the condition or prices of any of the hotels here. Your title may not get your post looked at by the people who are really able to give you the advice you need.

As to shuls and food, you can find what you need in Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, Bal Harbor and Ft Laud, so it is up to you.

SingALong

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 9:58 pm
go to godaven.com or google chabad in ft. lauderdale, they have a shul there. miami is full of places to daven.
as for hotels, theey range from extravagant to dirty , and everything in between. maybe check out where you have a minyan and then find a hotel nearby.
im not from florida but my hubby works in ft. lauderdale so he often stays at hotels near minyan and kosher food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics