Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet pills

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 1:04 am
Any recommendations?
Any diet pills ever worked for anyone?
I wish I can be those people who eat whatever they want and don’t gain any weight Sad

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 1:24 am
Concerta worked for me. Not an official diet pill. I lost 15lbs on it. Totally takes away my appetite. Helps me stick to healthy diet

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 1:26 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Concerta worked for me. Not an official diet pill. I lost 15lbs on it. Totally takes away my appetite. Helps me stick to healthy diet

Yeah, that's drug abuse.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 1:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any recommendations?
Any diet pills ever worked for anyone?
I wish I can be those people who eat whatever they want and don’t gain any weight Sad

First of all most are not healthy, second their is no magic pill. All only work with less eating, most by curbing your appetite.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 2:01 am
If there were one, you'd already have heard about it.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:42 am
I took phentermine which is actually a diet pill. I lost tons of weight fast. But then I stopped taking it and gained it all back. Hurray.

It was great to lose weight and it felt so easy but it totally stinks to have gained it all back.

I have also tried saxenda which is an injection but it had side effects I did not appreciate and it didn't work as well.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:50 am
DO NOT ABUSE PRESCRIPTION DRUGS! Please only take them as indicated, and be honest with your doctor.

If you are clinically depressed, ask for Wellbutrin. It curbs your appetite and most people lose 10 to 15 pounds over a few months. You will also feel more like getting out and exercising a little, even if it's just to go for a longer walk than usual.

I'd rather have stomach surgery or liposuction before I would get addicted to diet pills.

The HCG diet is really harsh, but it works. It's only for people who have more than 30 pounds to lose, and have SUPER willpower. Don't even think of doing it without a naturapath's guidance. I lost 65 pounds in 8 months, and kept it off for about 10 years.

Due to middle age, thyroid, hormones, and Covid, my weight started to slowly creep up a bit, so I'm trying to stop it in it's tracks.

Keto is a good thing to do for 15 to 20 "vanity pounds". The trick is to start removing carbs and starchy foods slowly, over 4 to 6 weeks before you go into a full on program. I didn't know this, and my first week had crazy cravings. Second week I'm feeling a lot more leveled out, but I wish I had known to taper down first.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:14 am
As a kid, I read a story (in a frum book) about a woman who got addicted to diet pills. It sounded terrible. She struggled with it her whole life.
I took it as a cautionary tale.
There is a reason no standard doctor or nutritionist nowadays will tell clients to use them!

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:51 am
The mineral chromium is supposed to help with appetite loss. Speak to someone in a health food store. There are vitamins and minerals that are helpful with this and may be safer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise