Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 yr old red down there

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:42 pm
My son private part is red. Right under the head. He says it itches him. I will have him go to the dr tomorrow. Any ideas how to relieve it till then? Any ideas what it could b? He just started itching it a lot this afternoon

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:45 pm
I find my son gets it sometimes from being sweaty and no air there. I usually just smear desitin and by the next morning it’s fine.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:55 pm
Diaper cream, and make sure to clean away the smegma very well in the bath and/or before he goes to sleep.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:36 pm
It's probably from sweat and heat. Clean and dry it well and apply some diaper cream.

Iamamother2

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:52 pm
Could be a yeast infection. You can try an external yeast cream and see if it works. I've used the same one I use for myself on my baby boy. Doctor recommended.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:11 am
Dr had told us it's a yeast infection. Gave him antibiotic cream and bh went away. Was really itching him in a way that it used to wake us up @ night Sad [quote]

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 12:57 am
oh wow my son has this too right now. He's been scratching over there for the past few weeks and I'm all nervous he's going to go back to school doing that (he's in preschool) and the other kids and teacher will notice and I'm worried about it impacting him socially. I put aquaphor over there today and will continue to do so. Planning on making a dr appointment. I really hope it gets better.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:17 am
Just bringing to your attention - it doesn't help the situation to have kids in wet bathing suits for a while each day. Encourage him to change after swimming.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:55 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Dr had told us it's a yeast infection. Gave him antibiotic cream and bh went away. Was really itching him in a way that it used to wake us up @ night Sad

That doesn't sound logical. Are you sure it wasn't an anti-fungal cream?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:55 am
Elfrida wrote:
That doesn't sound logical. Are you sure it wasn't an anti-fungal cream?

Thank you! It would have to be something like miconozole in order to work, not an antibiotic.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 2:47 pm
Ty!! So now he’s not red. But still playing with himself. He was recently trained but none of my other boys touched themselves so much b4. It I will put on creams after his bath this evening
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics