Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Regression in nearly 5 yr old

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:10 pm
My son has been toilet trained since he was 3 and he has now gone from being completly dry to constantly wetting himself and just not going to the toilet at all.

I'm at my wits end, weve tried everything! Making it I to a big deal each time he went, positive reinforcements, treats, star chart with a huge prize that he really wanted and weve showed him the prize. I've tried reminding him every hour, but he got extremely fed up of me reminding him and if we ever went out or he was playing outside hed just do it in his pants. I've had to put him back in pull ups bc it was getting impossible.

The been trying to think if there is any stressing factors for him and the only thing I can think of is the lack of routine - as in hes been off school since they closed down from Corona, and we cant afford to go away this summer or do proper days out. Going for day trips is difficult aswell because my husband is working so I'm doing it on my own and quite frankly I'm completly beyond exhausted of emotional energy and just dont have it in me to keep going.

Any advice please? I'm scared of him going back to school in September and not being toilet trained....

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:10 pm
Test for strep

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:38 pm
Check for Strep or uti
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training