Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
These Annoying Masks!!!!! Vent!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:07 pm
How much longer?????
I can’t handle it anymore! Needed some indoor errands. Sweat is running down my face into my masks! Can’t breathe and getting dizzy from the recycled oxygen! Can’t the stores blast their air conditioning with 20 degrees cooler than a regular year? It’s hot behind these masks!
I know it saves lives, and I saved the world by almost dying in my mask, but thank you for letting me vent anyway!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:18 pm
Can you call the store manager and ask him to turn up the AC? Tell him that you almost passed out.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:20 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Can you call the store manager and ask him to turn up the AC? Tell him that you almost passed out.

It wasn’t just one store! It was every store! Guess it’s a hot day plus shaitel and mask and bags.

pause

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It wasn’t just one store! It was every store! Guess it’s a hot day plus shaitel and mask and bags.

Be glad you don't also wear glasses...

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wear a snood it’s a bit cooler

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Wear a snood it’s a bit cooler

I certainly will if I need errands again in this weather. I regretted wearing my shaitel. Pause you’re right about the glasses Very Happy

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:12 pm
pause wrote:

And that you don't work in a job that requires you to wear it all day. I wonder how they do it. A 20 minute errand I can handle.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:16 pm
Simple1 wrote:
And that you don't work in a job that requires you to wear it all day. I wonder how they do it. A 20 minute errand I can handle.

This was about 2 hours and you’re right. I can’t fathom doing this all day.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This was about 2 hours and you’re right. I can’t fathom doing this all day.

Two hours in one store? If you have several stores to go to, you should be getting a break when you're driving or walking and don't need the mask.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:22 pm
I uncover my nostrils, only way I can breathe.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

This negates the entire benefit, sorry to tell you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:24 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Two hours in one store? If you have several stores to go to, you should be getting a break when you're driving or walking and don't need the mask.

In a shopping center with a few different stores in the same building. No chance to uncover in between stores. The rule is to wear masks indoor at all times.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In a shopping center with a few different stores in the same building. No chance to uncover in between stores. The rule is the wear masks indoor at all times.

Now I hear you. The other day I was considering going to the mall, but vetoed the idea for fear of having to wear masks the whole time.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:28 pm
If you do that then you are defeating the purpose of wearing it. And in some places, if seen by police, you will actually be fined.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
This negates the entire benefit, sorry to tell you.

I keep hearing this. But isn't it better than nothing - half protection is better than no protection at all.

sub

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:30 pm
pause wrote:

To stop glasses from fogging up, pinch the metal to your bridge.
If you have a material or homemade one, add it by inserting a pipe cleaner.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:36 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I keep hearing this. But isn't it better than nothing - half protection is better than no protection at all.
No because you inhale from your nose and you dont know what you might inhale at any given moment while outside. And you could also exhale particles into the air without knowing that you are. Those are the reasons why covering one's nose is very important.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:42 pm
Simple1 wrote:

Wearing a mask is meant to protect others from us - not exclusively or even mainly to protect the wearer. So as long as you are sure to exhale through your mouth only, other people are still being protected from you. As for what you inhale, that's your risk and your choice. (That risk may include a fine for not wearing it properly.)

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:57 pm

Yeah - that really doesn't help. If you are a presymptomatic carrier, you're still going to infect everyone around you.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much longer?????
I can’t handle it anymore! Needed some indoor errands. Sweat is running down my face into my masks! Can’t breathe and getting dizzy from the recycled oxygen! Can’t the stores blast their air conditioning with 20 degrees cooler than a regular year? It’s hot behind these masks!
I know it saves lives, and I saved the world by almost dying in my mask, but thank you for letting me vent anyway!

you can cut out the inside layers of any mask
the blue surgical one, if you cut out the inside layer it's not that bad
I am extremely claustrophobic with a mask and can handle that for a little while
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics