Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come no one stopped the abuse?????
  1  2  3  14  15  16  Next

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:34 pm
https://www.israelnationalnews.....85174

No, I don't have the courage to watch the video. TMI

But I don't understand: according to the indictment, several people were mutually aware and involved in systematic cruelty against the children, including them playing some psycho "wipes game."

If it were one sick person messing with the kids when alone - okay, that can happen.

But no one in the group of assistants thought it was wrong? No one blew the whistle? What kind of a group dynamic was this? It seems so strange. I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it. I need to understand it, so I can look out for it.

How did this happen?

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:37 pm
It's clearly due to the lack of tznius and the presence of mixed dancing. (That's sarcasm.)

I'm sickened and infuriated too. Abuse is a pervasive, subversive power play against those with less power (or who perceive that they have less power), and it sadly happens in so many forms and gets so many passes that it boggles the mind.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:37 pm
Omg! Can’t watch the complete thing either. Too heartbreaking! Seems like 2 insane morahs there. Really hope they rot in prison for life!

Rappel I’m not sure what your question is? Both morahs look equally abusive and the poor kids are too young to repeat. It obviously leaked somehow, hence the hidden cameras.

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:41 pm
What an evil witch. The poor babies are just doing their best being little babies! And getting beat up for it!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:53 pm
It's horrible!!! just horrible!!!!
You know why it happened? Because they worked from 7.00am(or7.30am)till 4.30pm or 5pm. With the Minimum Salary . they have to do Everything Just everything!!! for the kids and others!!! The cleaning (bathroom kitchen each rooms ...)change the kids ,play , take care,feed them...
It's non stop for the most ridiculous Salary!!! They have two vacation for the all year!!! They are slaves !!!slaves!!!!so they created a שינאה for this poor innocent children!
Why in Israel it's the "assistants" who have to do the cleaning job? Why there is no cleaning lady in maonims and ganims????

giselle

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:54 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
You know why it happened? Because they worked from 7.00am(or7.30am)till 4.30pm or 5pm. With the Minimum Salary . they have to do Everything Just everything!!! for the kids and others!!! The cleaning (bathroom kitchen each rooms ...)change the kids ,play , take care,feed them...
It's non stop for the most ridiculous Salary!!! They have two vacation for the all year!!! They are slaves !!!slaves!!!!so they created a שינה for this poor innocent children!
Why in Israel it's the "assistants" who have to do the cleaning job? Why there is no cleaning lady in maonims and ganims????

That does sound pretty bad.

Still, nothing excuses abuse.
Nothing.

Thank God there were cameras.

How horrific. Couldn’t finish watching either.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:55 pm
It's non stop for the most ridiculous Salary!!! They have two vacation for the all year!!! They are slaves !!!slaves!!!!so they created a שינה for this poor innocent children!

You aren't wrong that many people in those roles are overworked and underpaid.

Being overworked and underpaid is not why abusers abuse.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:58 pm
It's non stop for the most ridiculous Salary!!! They have two vacation for the all year!!! They are slaves !!!slaves!!!!so they created a שינאה for this poor innocent children!

Are you seriously justifying this? Banging head Banging head Banging head
According to this reasoning, every mom can do this to her kids. During Coronacation she’d be excused for throwing them out the window.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:59 pm
Ladies, I have worked in a maon, and I would NEVER, EVER send a child there.

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:00 pm
First of all, it's not a "group of assistants."
There were 46 children, divided into three groups, by age. If I understood and recall correctly, each age group was on a different floor.
There were eight different security cameras, from the various classes.
It's not like there were 7 assistants watching each other and watching the kids together every day.
And apparently, "almost all" the assistants have been arrested - but not all.

Second of all, anyone reporting would've faced a lawsuit and losing her job, as well as slander and backlash on social media, making it hard for her to find a different job in the future.

Third, the indictment is expected to be filed on Sunday, according to the defense attorneys. It hasn't been filed yet.

For those asking, one of the parents had installed cameras at the owners' request (so it seems) and came to fix something. While he was working on the tech issues he saw some footage that worried him, so he collected it and turned it into the police, after sharing with the other parents.

About how it happened and why they would do such a thing - I'm not in their heads, so I have no idea.

However, apparently this daycare sent parents photos and videos throughout the day and was praised as one of the best in the city by other parents. Apparently, they put up a very good act.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

They are totally abused by the gouvernement,so they abused the poor children!

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:03 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
According to this reasoning, every mom can do this to her kids. During Coronacation she’d be excused for throwing them out the window.

And, in fact, mothers are responsible for the vast majority of child abuse and neglect. Usually they act alone, sometimes together with the fathers.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:03 pm
Rappel wrote:
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/285174

No, I don't have the courage to watch the video. TMI

But I don't understand: according to the indictment, several people were mutually aware and involved in systematic cruelty against the children, including them playing some psycho "wipes game."

If it were one sick person messing with the kids when alone - okay, that can happen.

But no one in the group of assistants thought it was wrong? No one blew the whistle? What kind of a group dynamic was this? It seems so strange. I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it. I need to understand it, so I can look out for it.

How did this happen?

Can’t see is it arabas or jews

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:04 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

My heart is broken for this kids
But she asked why it happened .so I explained her!
I am not justifying,but we have a serious issue in Israel in the way they treat the סייעות....

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
And, in fact, mothers are responsible for the vast majority of child abuse and neglect. Usually they act alone, sometimes together with the fathers.

Well with all that work and no pay, we can’t exactly blame them. Probably the government’s fault.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:06 pm
They are totally abused by the gouvernement,so they abused the poor children!

Not an excuse!

That video is horrible Sad

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:07 pm
My heart is broken for this kids
But she asked why it happened .so I explained her!
I am not justifying,but we have a serious issue in Israel in the way they treat the סייעות....

I hear you, but nobody forced them to work there. They can work in the matza bakery and put all that rage into the dough.

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:07 pm
[quote="amother [ Lawngreen ]"

Being overworked and underpaid is not why abusers abuse.[/quote]

Truly. I did sheirut Leumi in a wonderful school for autistic children, whom were very challenging. Even though there were some misfits on our team - I was clueless, one woman there was not cut out for the work, and the head teacher moved down to the younger children at the end of the year because she could no longer effectively handle that age group - there was no abuse.

On the other hand, in our parallel class there was a Russian woman with very intense, dangerous passions. I saw her once grab one of our students and throw him against the wall. I told our head teacher, and the abuser was terminated, though it took several months for her to actually be fired.

But again, that was one person among many. She was caught and reprimanded. The case of this gan seems very different. How could a group dynamic so poisonous and evil have existed secretly? Hope come no one ended it immediately?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:08 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

No, working in a daycare in NOTHING like being a SAHM. They seriously work you to the bone there. You must feed 6 babies all at once, then put 6 babies to bed all at once. Then wash up 6 bowls and serving stuff etc. Then sweep and sponja. Then prepare lunch, then wake up 6 babies and feed them all. Then put them on the floor with toys. In between all this, change each kid twice a day. Then wash up from lunch. Then put everyone back to bed. Then...

All the kids must adhere to the schedule. They must. If one wakes up too early, well too bad, the floor must get sponja'd lunch must be made. If one kid wants to be held, doesnt want to play on the floor... sorry, there are 5 other kids. All the kids eat at the same time, so while you feed one, 5 are shrieking. Then you dump that first one in the crib and go feed the next. If the first one doesnt fall asleep and is crying, well, he'll cry himself to sleep...

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

No, but it does mean that many of those willing to work in the profession are not going to be top quality or motivated by love of children.

Of course there are many wonderful ganenot and metaplot. But there aren't enough quality individuals willing to work such long hours for such little pay and respect, so what you end up with is a shortage, a void, which is then filled by less qualified individuals who simply could not find better jobs.

The only way to solve that issue is to lower demand by keeping more kids home, or increase supply by making the job much more attractive to quality care providers. Neither of those are steps that we as a society are willing to take.
Page 1 of 16   1  2  3  14  15  16  Next Recent Topics