Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO pareve white chocolate ganache recipe

imokay

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 6:02 pm
I am a fairly inexperienced baker and was wondering if anyone can please help me with a recipe for a pareve white chocolate ganache, or a ganache that I can color with food coloring (I'm trying to make it pink).
All the recipes I found online call for heavy cream, which is dairy.
I used whip, successfully, with regular chocolate chips but it was a disaster with the white chocolate chips and the white decorating chocolate that I bought.
I have been searching online, unsuccessfully, and am hoping that someone here might be able to share their baking wisdom!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 6:29 pm
I have a really good one. I just started doing keto, and came across the most brilliant recipe.

You'll need to find coconut "butter". It's sold next to the margarine. It's like extra thick coconut cream when it's at room temperature, but it has a very neutral flavor so it won't interfere with your recipe. Canned coconut cream will NOT work, and neither will coconut oil that you can buy in a jar.

It's much healthier than artificial "whip". Does anyone even know what whip is made of? That stuff leaves a chemical aftertaste, and frankly it scares me.

Use 2 parts chocolate, to one part coconut butter.

Get a pan of simmering water, and then put another pan on top to make a double boiler. Melt the ingredients together and blend really well. (On a lazy day, I just put the ingredients in a pan with a lid, and set it outside in the direct sunlight. It works great!)

Remove from the heat, and let the chocolate mix cool to room temperature. If it's taking too long to cool down, you can put it in the fridge and set a timer for 30 minutes.

When it starts to get really thick, almost like chocolate fudge, whip it with an electric mixer to make it soft and fluffy. Add your coloring at this stage.

If you make a double batch, it freezes really well. I gets quite hard in the refrigerator, but will soften up when taken back out to room temperature, without separating.

I just made a batch of extra dark chocolate, coconut butter, and some peppermint liqueur for extra flavor. When I have a craving for something sweet, I just take a spoonful and eat it. It's really creamy, rich, satisfying, and there's no greasy texture at all.

imokay

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:09 pm
Thanks so much for your reply!
Unfortunately, the local stores do not carry coconut butter.
Any other ideas?

Frumme

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:19 pm
What about white chocolate chips melted with coconut cream? You can get regular coconut milk in a can. Don't shake and scoop out only the thick coconut cream layer on top. Melt the chips and cream together... If it is looking thick, add some of the coconut milk to thin it out a little.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins