Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Any community or town looking to start an amazing school?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:08 am
My husband has been an elementary school principal for several years now, and is just so frustrated with his board and certain rebbeim. DH loves and cares for each and every student, and would do anything for each one of them to be successful. Unfortunately, he has to deal with people, both above and under him, who just want to keep the status quo, not consider great chinuch techniques if they're not used to them, are fine with students falling through the cracks, etc etc. DH has amazing ideas, drive and desire to make a school which children love going to, and where they learn to love Hashem, Yiddishkeit and Torah, and has proven his ability to do so, he's just not being allowed to do it where he is now :-(

We're willing to move anywhere that wants a truly amazing school...

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My husband has been an elementary school principal for several years now, and is just so frustrated with his board and certain rebbeim. DH loves and cares for each and every student, and would do anything for each one of them to be successful. Unfortunately, he has to deal with people, both above and under him, who just want to keep the status quo, not consider great chinuch techniques if they're not used to them, are fine with students falling through the cracks, etc etc. DH has amazing ideas, drive and desire to make a school which children love going to, and where they learn to love Hashem, Yiddishkeit and Torah, and has proven his ability to do so, he's just not being allowed to do it where he is now :-(

Doesn't everyone want a truly amazing school?

I don't know what to say abt the board, but can't he train or fire rebbbeim? Or is that too simplistic?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:20 am
Not if the board doesn't approve... lay leaders are like diapers. Always on your butt and usually full of .....

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OP if you are comfortable, can you please message me? I am working on opening a school and would love to have a principal to collaborate with.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:38 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
Not if the board doesn't approve... lay leaders are like diapers. Always on your butt and usually full of .....

It's a cute line but deeply unfair. There are people who put in hundreds of hours, giving their expertise to the benefit of the community. That's why the משברך for עוסקי ציבור asks Hashem to reward them - because the community won't.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:39 am
Can he open a very frum neutral chasidish girls school in Monsey. Sounds exactly what we’re looking for!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:45 am
Lakewood could always use new schools

shanie5

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I know a school looking for a principal like that. Its MO. If interested, pm me.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:07 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Can he open a very frum neutral chasidish girls school in Monsey. Sounds exactly what we’re looking for!

Isn't that what munkatch is opening?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:10 am
OP- Haskafa?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:36 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Isn't that what munkatch is opening?

Yes, but we can use 5 more.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 2:39 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Yes, but we can use 5 more.

Wholeheartedly agree

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:36 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
OP- Haskafa?

Yeshivish

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:19 am
Monsey is full of construction which means more families and more kids and more need for schools.
There are people leaving the city because they want to live in places where the yards are decent size because they had a hard time being cooped up during the pandemic. Where are these families now; Westchester, the Catskills, Five Towns, Long Island or CT? Find out where the crowd is headed. Many people may have chosen homes with long commutes to schools and would welcome a new start up.
I would say this; a couple of Chabad start up schools in the Brooklyn area recently closed. Some existed for a number of years before giving up but they couldn't give tuition breaks or attracted the non mainstream crowd. One current start up school is thriving. It looks like it does take a dedicated board to make it happen.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:35 am
just want to give you some chizuk. The current principal at my kids school used to be the principal in a different community for quite a while. He felt like he couldn't do any more there because of the board. Our school was looking for something new and hired him. I get the impression from his wife that he is happy here.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:05 am
A class of children is born each day in Lakewood. I would start there

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:13 am
Beth shalom synagogue in Scranton pa is starting a new school

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:19 pm
OP- can you PM me? I have an idea for you!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:25 am
Does Norfolk have a principal?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 1:36 am
Is he on jedjobs.com, macherusa.com or jedlab fb group(that one tends to be heavily reform but you never know)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics