Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA covid is back in Lakewood and BP
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:50 am
Many people are testing positive with symptoms. ( Many people were exposed at an OOT wedding in Lakewood last week.)
Not everyone who is positive attended that wedding.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:59 am
Oh..

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Many people are testing positive with symptoms. ( Many people were exposed at an OOT wedding in Lakewood last week.)

Why aren’t lakewood official counts going up if they are testing?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You need to offer actual sources if you're going to spread such news.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:07 am
Tuesday: 2 cases (this not an uptick this is avg all summer)
Monday; Lakewood covid numbers revised downwards again. The Ocean county health dept has revised lakewood down by negative 18 cases after reporting 24 new ones. The total now stands at 2708/195 with no new cases since August 5.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:08 am
Starting to creep up in Baltimore too...which has been traced to people who traveled to non SD weddings in Lakewood. Per the statement of the vaad harabbonim here.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:11 am
Does anyone know this to be a fact. If so yikess

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Starting to creep up in Baltimore too...which has been traced to people who traveled to non SD weddings in Lakewood. Per the statement of the vaad harabbonim here.

Baltimore’s numbers have been going up and they’ve had active cases. But they haven’t had it lakewood or BP. (Hopefully won’t.). I have lots of family there still strictly. SD. No parks. No camp.

I really didn’t believe the herd immunity in Lakewood. Was still loosely SD. But really this town has been wild since shavous. Minyanim. School. Camps. First half sleepover camps home. Weddings. Bar mitzvahs. Florida vacationers returning. Tons of testing before camp with few positives. Etc. there hasn’t been that huge upheaval. I’m starying to wonder what is going on?
I do think it will start up again. And I think school will be shut down (ch’v).
But after months of no SD. No masks. No one being careful has it been so quiet?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:14 am
Baltimore? Yes, the vaad put out a statement a couple days ago that specified cases traced back to both Lakewood weddings and campers returning from camps out of state. It is posted on Baltimore Jewish Life.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:16 am
Oy! Are the cases mild ones. ? Or hospitalizations

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:16 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Tuesday: 2 cases (this not an uptick this is avg all summer)
Monday; Lakewood covid numbers revised downwards again. The Ocean county health dept has revised lakewood down by negative 18 cases after reporting 24 new ones. The total now stands at 2708/195 with no new cases since August 5.

So nice you can copy and paste from hefkervelt...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
So nice you can copy and paste from hefkervelt...

Am I wrong to do that?
Are those numbers wrong?
If you want to say positives test are up where are the numbers from?
I check the numbers every day as we are still being semi-cautious in Lakewood
I don’t know where else to get past daily counts.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:37 am
yea yea

Every couple of days someone that really wishes it would come back says that it's back. I'm not sure why some of you are so desperate for it to come back.

In BP it's regular, if there are any cases, and that's IF, its super mild and no more dangerous than the common cold.

For those of you that will say that I'm living in denial, I'm not, I'm seeing people go about their lives, no hospitalization, elderly walking the streets here, some with masks some without, all seems fine BH.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:42 am
My biggest question is , are any of these cases repeat cases. Meaning did any of these people have Covid already before.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:44 am
Look. the nature of a virus like this, is that when things start opening up, people can catch it. At some point, things do have to open up. I dont think it's possible to socially distance for years and years.
There's always a risk of catching the virus if you haven't had it yet. This is life. The virus is here to stay for a while and we have to learn to live with it.
Not attending simchos, shul, or school for years is just not the answer.
I don't know what is.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:45 am

I was waiting for someone to mention this. The letter from the Vaad was amazing. The cases here were traced to cases in BOTH NY and NJ.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:48 am
That's right, blame it on Lakewood. When B"H there are barely any cases here.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:48 am
Baltimore? Yes, the vaad put out a statement a couple days ago that specified cases traced back to both Lakewood weddings and campers returning from camps out of state. It is posted on Baltimore Jewish Life.

LOL the Lakewood people are blaming it on the OOT weddings and the Baltimorians are blaming it on Lakewood. There hasn’t been an uptick in numbers in Lakewood- maybe the Baltimore people exposed themselves to each other by not being SD? Very Happy

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
That's right, blame it on Lakewood. When B"H there are barely any cases here.

Do you want me to list the very well respected rabbonim who signed that letter? Your disrespect is not called for.
They are meticulous and don't just post rumors. You really are being chosheid and you owe them an apology. You don't deserve any more responses from me, so I will ignore any of your future posts. I will gladly respond to other posters.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:57 am
In my shul in Lakewood almost everyone had it already. There are older ppl wearing masks and some who didn’t have it without masks.
Someone davemed there from Baltimore this Shabbos - and honestly ppl were a little annoyed. They felt ppl in Baltimore have it. Ppl in Lakewood don’t. Why would someone from Baltimore join s Lakewood minyan then putting ppl at risk.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics