Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
New candlestick for subsequent children

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:59 pm
Well, the other few shabbos candlestick threads got me to thinking!!

I'm expecting my first and my family has a minhag to light for each child. If the candlestick set I got as a kallah are the crystal type with the glass beads on the inside (the more modern style), what's a nice one/shape/style that will match it? I can't seem to find an exact replica of it for the baby.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5uxcbZFmOm/

here's an idea of the design when I mean the glass beads... mine are modern modern and taller

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, the other few shabbos candlestick threads got me to thinking!!

I'm expecting my first and my family has a minhag to light for each child. If the candlestick set I got as a kallah are the crystal type with the glass beads on the inside (the more modern style), what's a nice one/shape/style that will match it? I can't seem to find an exact replica of it for the baby.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5uxcbZFmOm/

here's an idea of the design when I mean the glass beads... mine are modern modern and taller

I have two children BH. I use the two silver candlesticks I got when I got married and two basic tea light holders. I recently bought these -
Le Sens Amazing Home Classic Cube Crystal Candle Holder Set of 4 - Solid Square Clear Glass Table Centerpiece - Elegant Votive Tealight Candlestick for Ceremony Wedding & Home Decoration https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075.....DCTHW

It’s always good to have extra for guests anyway.

I’m iyh expecting my third and wondering if I should buy a candelabra with 5 branches, but I also hold onto the hope of possibly having one more child, even though I am not so young. So I’ll probably wait a few more years and see.

Bshaa Tova!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:14 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I have two children BH. I use the two silver candlesticks I got when I got married and two basic tea light holders. I recently bought these -
Le Sens Amazing Home Classic Cube Crystal Candle Holder Set of 4 - Solid Square Clear Glass Table Centerpiece - Elegant Votive Tealight Candlestick for Ceremony Wedding & Home Decoration https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075.....DCTHW

It’s always good to have extra for guests anyway.

I’m iyh expecting my third and wondering if I should buy a candelabra with 5 branches, but I also hold onto the hope of possibly having one more child, even though I am not so young. So I’ll probably wait a few more years and see.

Bshaa Tova!

those are really pretty, I light with oil though and those seem to take tea lights?

I dont really have guests we just got married and living in a teeny tiny basement apartment for now lol!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
those are really pretty, I light with oil though and those seem to take tea lights?

I dont really have guests we just got married and living in a teeny tiny basement apartment for now lol!

You can still light with oil in your regular candlesticks. I use the tea lights just for the “kids’ candles”.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:19 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
You can still light with oil in your regular candlesticks. I use the tea lights just for the “kids’ candles”.

would want to use oil for the baby too. I guess I can get a cup insert for the oil... hmm

Good Friend

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:20 pm
I would imagine any glass candlesticks would be a good cheaper match.

I have a metal one for my daughter, who lights it herself now as she's almost 3, and we had her name engraved at the base. It was a nice idea, but hard to see. Oh well.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:49 pm
I have silver candlesticks and for my kids I got cheap Crystal ones from amazing saving. Nothing major but fits, the tall wax candles-with candle holder. Fits glass, for either smaller wax candle or oil. Fits tealights too.

STovah

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:07 pm
I light my additional lights with oil directly in glass tea light holders , I got them a really long time ago at Crate and Barrel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics