Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby safety please advise

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 2:16 am
New at this!
Looking for a baby gate that can stretch across a few feet while the door is in the middle. Also one that can somehow wrap around a heater that attached to the wall and then across the doorway it’s next to.. I guess one thing that isn’t only straight? Because the heater sticks out from the wall.
Also, what kind of baby locks can I use for breakfront drawers and cabinets? It’s such heavy wood not sure things will hold..
TIA for your recommendations! Don’t know where to start!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 2:41 am
Here’s a start for the baby gates https://www.amazon.com/Regalo-.....NKLIY

You need to measure your space to determine how many feet you need. These gates come in panels that can be angled.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 7:49 am
5 kids here kn"h and I never felt like I needed baby locks.
Or a baby gate.

monseymom25

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:09 am
Make sure all your heavy furniture is anchored to the wall so it will stay up when baby pulls on the drawers or shelves.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:10 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Or a baby gate.

Do you have stairs? How did you prevent them from tumbling down them? I needed gates for my 5 kids. Not for long, but definitely needed them.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:11 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Or a baby gate.

What’s goes bump bump waa bump bump waa?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Or a baby gate.

Then your kids were nothing like my sister's boys. She had to anchor all of her furniture to the wall, and get rid of the coffee table completely. The boys would use the floor to ceiling book shelves as a rock climbing wall, and then launch themselves onto the sofa.

They started young, and it was their favorite activity for years. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get them to stop. She bought them a big trampoline for the back yard, but on rainy days the furniture still got a beating.

The best way to cut down on cabinet locks, is to put everything non edible and non breakable in the lower cabinets. Tupperwear, canned foods, plastic dishes and bowls. No cleaners, no toasters, etc. Use the upper cabinets for everything you want little fingers to stay out of, and lock those.

Put a lock on the fridge as well, if you have a budding "cook". My 2yo DD wanted to surprise me with scrambled eggs one morning. Well, it worked, I was definitely surprised by the dozen eggs on the floor!

If your kids are the adventurous type, make sure you put a latch way far up on the top corner of your front and back doors. It didn't stop my brother from pulling over a chair and undoing the latch, but it was worth a try. We even had bells on the door, but he knew to pull the door open sloooooowly so that the bells wouldn't ring. Can't Believe It

I'm sure pretty much every other mother here can add her stories of clever little monkeys.

Good luck! Just remember, we survived childhood, so that means your kids have a pretty good chance too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics