Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Supplements to help my child with memory/learning
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:50 pm
thanks everyone for the advice. we did evaluate and find an auditory processing disorder. starting intensive therapy soon. thanks everyone for the push to find the underlying issue. this is a child who was making it ok in school bec he was compensating a lot. the school wasn't pushing for any testing or expressing any concerns so I guess this is just a reminder to everyone to keep digging for answers even if the schools and teachers aren't concerned.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:59 pm
Supplements are usually used to add to one’s nutrition intake what isn’t in their food. What does he eat?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks everyone for the advice. we did evaluate and find an auditory processing disorder. starting intensive therapy soon. thanks everyone for the push to find the underlying issue. this is a child who was making it ok in school bec he was compensating a lot. the school wasn't pushing for any testing or expressing any concerns so I guess this is just a reminder to everyone to keep digging for answers even if the schools and teachers aren't concerned.

How did you evaluate? I got a boe eval.. didn't give me too much info- she has difficulty with math/reading/memorizing-as she says e/t is hard- teachers say shes spacy but out of school she isnt spacey..

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 7:22 am
andrea levy wrote:
Supplements are usually used to add to one’s nutrition intake what isn’t in their food. What does he eat?
This is a very narrow, orthodox view on supplementation. For another view, look into orthomolecular medicine, nutrigenomics and so on. Due to certain genetic polymorphisms, inborn errors of metabolism, and how out of sync we live with our environment, not to mention how depleted the environment and our food is, many many people need high levels of certain nutrients for their bodies to function optimally that they’ll never get from food. Whether they know it or not.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics