Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do you need to quote the OP's original post
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:55 am
EVER- but especially when you are the first person responding????!!!

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Million dollar question!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What?
LOL LOL LOL

Success10

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 4:00 am
So annoying.

Just One

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 4:04 am
Nope I thank the quoters. That way when OP gets cold feet and chickens out by deleting her original post we can still read it

moonstone

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 4:06 am
Yes, especially when you're the second poster, why do this??? There's one poster that I've noticed that always quotes the OP, whether she's 2nd, 3rd or whatever. I was actually thinking about sending her a gentle message that there's no need to do this, but I decided not to because I didn't want to make her feel bad. Hopefully she'll see this thread. 😁

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 4:06 am
Sometimes I do it to include the relevant snippet of the post to which I am responding.

Also, if someone else sneaks a post in while I am composing my post, a reader may lose continuity if I don't refer to the specific post I am addressing.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 4:10 am
Honestly, why should anybody mind?
I only mind when someone quotes any extra longggggg post because then I need to scroll a lot.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:25 am
I hate It too! I like to leave my post for a short while and then people just quote . I dont think its fair. I do always send to those who did to please delete. Some listen , some dont . Is annoying.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:29 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I hate It too! I like to leave my post for a short while and then people just quote . I dont think its fair. I do always send to those who did to please delete. Some listen , some dont . Is annoying.

It's really annoying when the OP deletes her post, because this is a message board. One of the reasons people put in so much energy into their posts is because they are helpful both for OP and for others in similar situations who read them, whether right away or even months or years later. When posts disappear it makes everyone's responses useless, and people who come later aren't able to benefit.

I don't like it when people treat this board like Whatsapp statuses that are meant to disappear.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:30 am

Why would you post and delete repeatedly?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:24 am
Sometimes there are so many things I want to reply to that I need to see them all in front of me.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:27 am
And I love when someone’s quoted it already so I can see what the thread was about.

What you’re doing is called a dirty delete. It’s selfish and unfair to the rest of us.

aliavi

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:41 am
Annoying. If the thread is derailing address the post to OP. If another poster isn’t quoted the response is assumed to be to OP.

aliavi

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:41 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Sometimes there are so many things I want to reply to that I need to see them all in front of me.

Very Happy use a second browser window

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:48 am
If a thread got side tracked, I'll quote the OP if I'm responding directly to the first post, as opposed to continuing the flow of the conversation. .

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:53 am

That's exactly why they do it.
So that if you delete it there is still a record of it

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:28 am
aliavi wrote:
Very Happy use a second browser window

I could but it's easier if it's right there. Also, if it's already a page or two in, not everyone might remember all the points of the OP.

But now that I see how much pain this is bringing people I shall try to do teshuva.
(Where's the mea culpa emoji?)

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:32 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I could but it's easier if it's right there. Also, if it's already a page or two in, not everyone might remember all the points of the OP.

But now that I see how much pain this is bringing people I shall try to do teshuva.
(Where's the mea culpa emoji?)

You shouldn’t though, finding a thread where the op has deleted her posts and no one has quoted is far worse. So actually you’re helping lots of us out.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
You shouldn’t though, finding a thread where the op has deleted her posts and no one has quoted is far worse. So actually you’re helping lots of us out.

If OP deleted her post but someone did quote it, I definitely wouldn't quote it. I honor deleting posts if I catch it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics