Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Treatment for precocious puberty for a girl
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:54 am
Bumping - question; what is considered an advanced bone age?
We just did a bone age for our child and its 2 yrs ahead of real age.
Thanks!

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 4:42 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I visited the States last year (Florida) and was shocked to see what the kids looked like.

Some of the 6 year old Jewish boys and girls there look like 9 year old Israeli ones. Big, overgrown, about to develop.

I strongly believe that something in the American diet is messing with kids' hormones. Maybe it's all the hormones in the milk and meat, or maybe it's processed junk.

Just the opposite.
It’s all that sunshine (vitamin D), fresh air and the ability of the their bodies to synthesize nutrition properly that are making them tall.
Being tall doesn’t mean about to develop. Often it is short kids going through early puberty and that’s tough on them emotionally and physically.

Tiny kids means their bodies are nutritionally deficient. Even if they’re eating unprocessed food, there are hormonal, gut, and other issues getting in the way of their body using the nutrition properly to grow.

Israeli kids, many of them live with stress, under tension and in too tight quarters with not enough space, exercise or outside time. Then if there are gut or hormonal issues on top of that, you’re going to have tiny kids.

It’s not that Jews are short. We shouldn’t be. It’s gut and hormonal issues from lifestyle and some faulty genes that contribute to the body not synthesizing nutrition properly. we need to work harder to overcome these issues with better clean eating, vitamin D, less stressful living, clean air, exercise, space, outdoors etc

(Ever notice frum Jews in Brooklyn are shorter than out of town frum Jews? and secular Jews are taller than frum Jews? It’s due to what I wrote above).

amother
Red

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 9:57 pm
[quote="amother [ Firebrick ]"]
Quote:

Thank you!!!!
To read these comments, you'd think periods at 10 are fine. That's 4th and 5th graders.
Babies.

This type of thing runs in families.

It seems that many frum women develop later.

In my family, we all got our periods at 10-11. It was normal, it was expected.

Yes, it was very hard for a few years when we developed before our peers. I used to wonder why frum girls develop so late. I don't think we would've been considered abnormal in the general population.

Since we are all hormone-sensitive and my mother had breast cancer, I shudder to think what would have happened had my mother put us on hormones to delay our periods.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:23 pm
[quote="amother [ Firebrick ]"]
Quote:

Thank you!!!!
To read these comments, you'd think periods at 10 are fine. That's 4th and 5th graders.
Babies.

Oh my!

I was 10 when I got my period. First in my class to develop, and I was the youngest.

It wasnt fun but it was what it was. Like kinky thin hair instead of thick straight hair...

I never knew I can blame my parents, yay now I know it was really their fault! Can I blame them for my kinky hair too? I mean, for SURE, they should have done something about that too!

I stayed at 5' 1" and now I know I can blame that on them too!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:25 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Oh my!

I was 10 when I got my period. First in my class to develop, and I was the youngest.

It wasnt fun but it was what it was. Like kinky thin hair instead of thick straight hair...

I never knew I can blame my parents, yay now I know it was really their fault! Can I blame them for my kinky hair too? I mean, for SURE, they should have done something about that too!

I stayed at 5' 1" and now I know I can blame that on them too!

Yeah, they were negligent not to want to play around with a child's hormones. Rolling Eyes

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 12:29 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Bumping - question; what is considered an advanced bone age?
We just did a bone age for our child and its 2 yrs ahead of real age.
Thanks!

That's alot. Ds started talking medicine to slow the bone age when it was 1 year older than his age. Bh ds is on medication for about 2 years and his bone age is about it months above his real age.

I would recommend that you speak to an endocrinologist and discuss options. My pediatrician was very helpful as well, he listened to my concerns and provided his opinion.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I didn't read through all the responses, so excuse me if this was mentioned already.

My daughter was seen by an endocrinologist in first grade. I was very scared of being in a position of having to put her on medication, so I tried reading up on natural ways to prevent precocious puberty. I realize many times a child is already in a situation where medication is necessary. I am just explaining my situation and why I did what I did.

This is one of the articles that helped me make some changes:

My daughter was 11 going on 12 when she got her period and had been menstruating every 3 weeks at one stage, and also developed a strong odour under her arms. After finding Carolyn Dean’s website I have her taking 2 Magnesium Choride tablets each weekday morning with a teaspoon of Chlorophyll in a glass of water. Both are good at removing toxins from the body and purifying the blood. We also eat really well through the week with night meals being meat and salad or veges, but I don’t deprive her of some treats on the weekend. Since starting the above routine, her body odour has gone and her periods have stopped at the moment. So I am happy about that as I was 15 when I got my periods.

2 - I Gave my daughter 1 tsp of magnesium citrate Powder mixed in warm water and 1 tsp of flaxseed powder everyday since last 4 months mixed with a fruit smoothie. I think there is no progress in breast development after that. Another thing is her DHEA result came 100 down. Before it was 268 and now it is 165.

3 - my cute little, then -8 year old started to develop, even though she is tall and skinny.

I instantly changed our diet over to about 95% organic. We had been mostly organic, but I let a lot of areas slide… We also live in an area of extremely high pesticide use, and while we couldn’t afford to sell our home and move, it does worry me a lot. I switched to natural cleaners, and got rid of anything made with lavender, as that is also known to mimic hormones. We then cut all soy out of our food sources, which isn’t too hard when you are making everything from scratch, but the use of soy is insidious. It’s hard to even find organic chocolate without soy in it!

It was a lot of time to cook completely homemade, but with planning ahead and doing a lot of baking on the weekends, I survived and learned how to make really tasty things at home like granola bars and bagels.

After 6 months of this strictness, I took the 8 year old back to the endocrinologist and she was shocked and surprised that the breast changes my daughter had had, were actually reversed! I really believe the soy was the biggest culprit, (as well as the environmental influences that couldn’t be changed). I have always been very focused on nutrition and buying in bulk from a co-op to make all our bread, etc.,so the soy was the biggest change. It’s really scary how much garbage is snuck into our food that is unhealthy!

I started the following four things:
1) Avoiding soy.
2) Soaking/taking magnesium.
3) Avoiding lavender.
4) Taking chlorophyll.

Baruch Hashem many of her symptoms stopped/slowed down considerably. She just finished fourth grade and is still pretty much pre or at the very beginning of puberty changes. I have been the most careful about avoiding soy and I think that has been the biggest thing. It has not been easy for her, but she is very careful BH.

I know many situations are more difficult/complicated than hers, but I just wanted to put it out there in case it could help someone. Early puberty has long and short term ramifications and should not be treated lightly.

Lots of hatzlacha! May Hashem guide you to make the right decision for your child.
Amother brown are you still on here?

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 9:16 am
I only read the first page, but who says a girl will stop growing? I got my first period at 10, and I definitely kept growing past about it, and I’m 5’9”, taller than either of my parents.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I only read the first page, but who says a girl will stop growing? I got my first period at 10, and I definitely kept growing past about it, and I’m 5’9”, taller than either of my parents.
You are an outlier. Studies indicate that most girls grow between 2-6 inches more once they get their period.

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:17 am
My daughter is 8 and a half and has breast buds. She is the tallest in her class. She is in the mid to high 80s percentile-wise for height. (86th? 87th? 88th? One of those percentiles I think).

The pediatrician says that she's on track to get her period somewhere around 10 and a half.

The pediatrician did not recommend any sort of intervention at this point, but said we can keep our eye on it.

I am on the shorter side and my husband is very tall.

I got my period at 13 and a half.

Just sharing my experience.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:56 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I guess it's rude to complain about being 5'4 when many other people are much shorter. I know treatments don't always work since genetics also play a role. However, everyone in my family is tall except for me and one brother and we both developed early. Women in my family range from 5'7 to 5'10+, men 5'11 to 6'3 so the fact that I'm 5'4 and my brother is 5'7 makes me feel like parents were busier with other things than our height - just like they didn't get us braces - it wasn't financial they were BH well off just very busy with their own shalom bayis issues and anxieties. I can't really blame them, but it's something that bothers me deep down.

I'm 5.1 and all my siblings are way taller then me! Guess this must be a personal issue because I never thought to blame my parents or think to deep...

I'm thinking of getting braces now at the age of 36! Dont live with blame, get up tall and make it right! Never to late

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:22 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I got my period at 10 and a half, did not grow after and am only 5'4. In addition to regretting my parents never forcing me to get braces, I am angry they did not do anything to stop my period and allow to grow taller. So there is definitely another side to this.

Be happy you’re so tall! I’m barely 5’2” and I got my period at 13. My daughter got her period at 13 and isn’t 5’. Why do you need to be taller?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics