Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails
1  2  3  Next

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:37 pm
Anybody else has boys collecting slimy creatures in the bungalows?

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:56 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Nope. Hope they’re standing 6 ft apart and wearing masks.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:10 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

Why, because 🐸 have coronavirus like bats do?

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:12 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Why, because 🐸 have coronavirus like bats do?

I meant the boys in the bungalow colonies. Is life back to normal there?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:19 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

The only sign of corona in these parts of the woods is the hundreds of extra milk bottles.

It’s actually mind boggling to see how life is back to normal here, and yet the rest of the world still “has corona”
Let’s not debate that here but it’s still interesting.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:23 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The only sign of corona in these parts of the woods is the hundreds of extra milk bottles.

It’s actually mind boggling to see how life is back to normal here, and yet the rest of the world still “has corona”
Let’s not debate that here but it’s still interesting.

I’m also on the overflow of milk bottles side of the globe now. I just thought bubby is still being super careful based on her posts. Maybe she’s watching these adorable boys from far...

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:41 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I’m also on the overflow of milk bottles side of the globe now. I just thought bubby is still being super careful based on her posts. Maybe she’s watching these adorable boys from far...

I don't avoid my grandchildren and this whole family of grandchildren had the virus before Pesach. I didn't, however, go into the crowded stores here today. I don't go to the shul. There is an infected person in the next colony but it's not rampant here.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:58 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I don't avoid my grandchildren and this whole family of grandchildren had the virus before Pesach. I didn't, however, go into the crowded stores here today. I don't go to the shul. There is an infected person in the next colony but it's not rampant here.

Bh. May you stay healthy and well and enjoy your nachas.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:00 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Bh. May you stay healthy and well and enjoy your nachas.

Amein and thanks!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:08 pm
On topic, the first summer I went to visit ds at Mogen Av, we noticed a small cage in the corner of the bunkhouse. Ds innocently told us that usually the JC's pet small snake was there, but it got out a few days before. Apparently, he would yearly bring the cage and see what he could catch.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:11 pm
southernbubby wrote:

This is just an excuse to make yourself feel better. If you're around your grandchildren, it doesn't matter if you go to stores or shul. You're preaching about lack of masks and lack of SD in the frum communities, yet you do what's comfortable for you without SD. Being with your grandchildren is the same as going into a store or shul, unless you and grandchildren are quarantined together ever since.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
This is just an excuse to make yourself feel better. If you're around your grandchildren, it doesn't matter if you go to stores or shul. You're preaching about lack of masks and lack of SD in the frum communities, yet you do what's comfortable for you without SD. Being with your grandchildren is the same as going into a store or shul, unless you and grandchildren
are quarantined together ever since.

I am taking a risk but am not going to add to the risks by going to crowded places where people are not wearing masks. The law here is to wear masks in stores and I have said many times that I am comfortable doing that. I do believe that masks provide protection. I do not go against the law just to rebel against the law. Taking one risk doesn't justify taking all risks. I do feel that people who fight with stores or airlines are wrong and that in general, masks save lives. I do go to frum stores at off peak times but I also do a lot of shopping at stores that require masks so that I don't spend as much time in stores that don't require masks.

ETA you are obviously anonymous in order to be nasty.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 7:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I am taking a risk but am not going to add to the risks by going to crowded places where people are not wearing masks. The law here is to wear masks in stores and I have said many times that I am comfortable doing that. I do believe that masks provide protection. I do not go against the law just to rebel against the law. Taking one risk doesn't justify taking all risks. I do feel that people who fight with stores or airlines are wrong and that in general, masks save lives. I do go to frum stores at off peak times but I also do a lot of shopping at stores that require masks so that I don't spend as much time in stores that don't require masks.

ETA you are obviously anonymous in order to be nasty.

This is all very nice. But unless you're wearing a mask or SD around your grandchildren, you're at the same risk as going into a store or shul maskless. I'm assuming your grandchildren are in camp and around other people. I'm not trying to be nasty, but you keep on naming stores and communities that are not SD or wearing masks, yet when it comes to your own comfort, the rules don't apply to you. After all your preaching, I was sure that you're still quarantined and you don't allow your grandchildren to come. But I guess you can decide which rules apply to you or not, just like the rest of us.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:05 pm
We've never gone to a bungalow colony, so I don't know what's normal or if anything is different this year.

I sent my older kids to camp, but my 2.5 year old is home with me. We have been spending a lot of time this summer collecting rocks and pinecones in walks around the neighborhood and bringing them home to our backyard to play with along with a bucket and shovel and a few small construction vehicle toys and lots of dirt and sticks.

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:

My boys? No! Never! Gross!
LOL LOL LOL LOL

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:24 pm
This is all very nice. But unless you're wearing a mask or SD around your grandchildren, you're at the same risk as going into a store or shul maskless. I'm assuming your grandchildren are in camp and around other people. I'm not trying to be nasty, but you keep on naming stores and communities that are not SD or wearing masks, yet when it comes to your own comfort, the rules don't apply to you. After all your preaching, I was sure that you're still quarantined and you don't allow your grandchildren to come. But I guess you can decide which rules apply to you or not, just like the rest of us.

So if I am at risk of harboring the virus, should I go into a public place without a mask? Should I put store personnel and other shoppers at risk? If I take one risk should I take more? I have posted in many places that I go to the bungalow and spend time with grandchildren. I didn't hide that fact.
Whether I spend time with grandchildren or not, masks save lives. Should I not be in agreement with that?
People know where I live and many other posters have named stores and communities where masks are or are not worn.
Again, it's the law!!! Are you advocating breaking the law? Are you suggesting that everyone should defend those who break the law. At this point it's not just a good idea; it's the law. Last that I checked, visiting my grandchildren doesn't break the law. It's risky but not illegal.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:35 pm
southernbubby wrote:
So if I am at risk of harboring the virus, should I go into a public place without a mask? Should I put store personnel and other shoppers at risk? If I take one risk should I take more? I have posted in many places that I go to the bungalow and spend time with grandchildren. I didn't hide that fact.
Whether I spend time with grandchildren or not, masks save lives. Should I not be in agreement with that?
People know where I live and many other posters have named stores and communities where masks are or are not worn.
Again, it's the law!!! Are you advocating breaking the law? Are you suggesting that everyone should defend those who break the law. At this point it's not just a good idea; it's the law. Last that I checked, visiting my grandchildren doesn't break the law. It's risky but not illegal.

The law is masks and SD whenever around people, INCLUDING your grandchildren. Masks need to be worn around anyone not living in the same household. You can visit your grandchildren masked or SD. You don't want to put store personnel and shoppers at risk but you have no problem putting your grandchildren at risk???
This is exactly what picking and choosing is. Everyone around you is doing wrong, but you can visit family without mask or SD but you're not doing anything wrong. I don't care what you do or don't do, just don't preach that other's are doing wrong when you're picking and choosing yourself. A person that is truly still SD doesn't visit grandchildren maskless or non SD.

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:44 pm
How does everything turn into an argument ? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
OP asked if your boys are collecting slimy creatures. I don't remember her asking if she's doing right/wrong.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:48 pm
The law is masks and SD whenever around people, INCLUDING your grandchildren. Masks need to be worn around anyone not living in the samw household. You can visit your grandchildren masked or SD. You don't want to put store personnel and shoppers at risk but you have no problem putting your grandchildren at risk???
This is exactly what picking and choosing is. Everyone around you is doing wrong, but you can visit family without mask or SD but you're not doing anything wrong. I don't care what you do or don't do, just don't preach that other's are doing wrong when you're picking and choosing yourself. A person that is truly still SD doesn't visit grandchildren maskless or non SD.

You may be right but I have not seen where anyone is calling it the law. So far, I have not heard of anyone getting tickets for visiting family members or for allowing family members to visit them. Months ago it was the recommendation but I don't think that it's illegal. I have heard that stores can be fined or shut down and months ago, shuls and simchas, even in private homes, were ticketed. I have yet to hear that it's illegal. Do you have a source for that or are you simply angry that I agree with mask mandates?

ETA: I just looked it up. It is a law that businesses must insist on masks and it is a recommendation to wear masks when visiting other people.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:56 pm
happy chick wrote:
How does everything turn into an argument ? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
OP asked if your boys are collecting slimy creatures. I don't remember her asking if she's doing right/wrong.

Thanks happy chick! Some anonymous angry person decided to derail and hijack the thread. Should I report it?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics