Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would be runway model
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:57 pm
A young man (25)just came to my house. He’s about 6’5 He had the most stunning piercing blue eyes I’ve ever seen. His features were perfect. Strong jaws, blonde hair,He looked slim but broad shoulders. And the sweetest smile.

He was a tzedah collector.
He was collecting for his family in Israel.
I can’t help but think, if he wasn’t religious, he would have been the most successful model.
I can almost guarantee you, that his wife doesn’t even know how gorgeous he is. She’s never seen a computer.
He is living in poverty yet he could have been a model, an actor....
I don’t know, my heart went out for this kid.

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:58 pm
Uh oh

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:01 pm
You could’ve suggested it to him.
It’s a mitzva to give tzedaka, but a bigger mitzva to help him with a steady parnasa!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:12 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
You could’ve suggested it to him.
It’s a mitzva to give tzedaka, but a bigger mitzva to help him with a steady parnasa!

Beaver hat, long rekel, long curly peyos, I had to put the money in his hat.
wouldn’t fly, would it?

trixx

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A young man (25)just came to my house. He’s about 6’5 He had the most stunning piercing blue eyes I’ve ever seen. His features were perfect. Strong jaws, blonde hair,He looked slim but broad shoulders. And the sweetest smile.

He was a tzedah collector.
He was collecting for his family in Israel.
I can’t help but think, if he wasn’t religious, he would have been the most successful model.
I can almost guarantee you, that his wife doesn’t even know how gorgeous he is. She’s never seen a computer.
He is living in poverty yet he could have been a model, an actor....
I don’t know, my heart went out for this kid.

Okay, alternate reality.
His parents sell him out to be a model
He gets molested along the way or does favors to climb to the top
He suffers body image issues, self esteem, depression, sleeps around and no self worth.
He makes it big. He has money. Now what?

This isn't a bash against the world because being a frum jew is the best blah blah.

I'm not one to poo poo the entire secular world. People actually are living the high life there. But a career as a model? That's what you wish for him? The above is a typical trajectory for any model, and most of them don't make it big.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So beauty ONLY has value when compared to photoshop?

chestnut

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:19 pm
Why is a 25 y old guy collecting tzeddakah? Ouch!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:20 pm
chestnut wrote:
Why is a 25 y old guy collecting tzeddakah? Ouch!

Your right, maybe he is older, just looks young.

malki2

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:23 pm
Someone needs to make an emoji that plays the Twilight Zone music.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
So beauty ONLY has value when compared to photoshop?

No. But it has to be compared period. In her circles you don’t really look at men, interact with men, or have anything to do with men.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:25 pm
The average US model earns less than 30,000 a year. As long as you're dreaming of an easier lifestyle for him, dream bigger than that for a family man.

Also, feel free to dream for all the tzedaka collectors and not just the ones with high cheekbones and piercing eyes. For all you know, that guy is just capitalizing on how people are more susceptible to fall for pretty people.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:26 pm
Don’t be so naive. His wife more than likely very much appreciates his gorgeousness.

You don’t need schooling to appreciate that kind of beauty. And chassidish women have hormones too.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No. But it has to be compared period. In her circles you don’t really look at men, interact with men, or have anything to do with men.

Baloney. Maybe they don’t look at men on screens, but they see plenty of them everywhere else. Really surprised at the narrow minded assumptions here.

QueensMama

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm sure the woman has eyes.

A good looking guy is a good looking guy, no matter what society. You're speculating big time here. For all you know he and his wife are madly in love and she think he's the hottest guy ever.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:28 pm
Thank you trixx,
Your right, makes me feel a wee bit better.
We are always taught that our talents are a gift from Hashem and they should be used. I don’t think He wants this guy being a model but,
Is his beauty a waste?

QueensMama

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you trixx,
Your right, makes me feel a wee bit better.
We are always taught that our talents are a gift from Hashem and they should be used. I don’t think He wants this guy being a model but,
Is his beauty a waste?

Trying to wrap my brain around the idea that his beauty is wasted because he's not a model.

QueensMama

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:30 pm
Actually, it isn't wasted. You seem to have enjoyed. Smile

WhatFor

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you think people who don't use the internet can't recognize a pretty person (strange assumption, but let's assume for the sake of argument that that's true), then what defines beauty? What the internet says is beautiful? If that were true, what value is that to anyone? What would someone be missing by not knowing "the internet standard of beauty".

Also, I don't know what world you come from or why you're so unfamiliar with the chareidi lifestyle, but chareidi women do see men daily, and interact with them as well. Maybe not in the same way other groups of people do, but your assertion is absurd. They're not kept in pods until they get married and lay eyes on their DH, the first man they have ever seen since birth. Is this thread real?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Baloney. Maybe they don’t look at men on screens, but they see plenty of them everywhere else. Really surprised at the narrow minded assumptions here.

Exactly. What do you think was going on in the world before tv and internet was around. Lol.
And frum girls don't live in a nunnery.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:35 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
And chassidish women have hormones too.

Don’t they do it with a sheet?

And only on mikva night?

While not paying taxes?
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics