Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ORLANDO Weather??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 9:44 am
So our long awaited family summer trip this year was supposed to be Orlando...and then Corona came to town!!
I have Orlando on my weather app and see that it rains there every single day and there’s no sun. Are there any Imas in Orlando now? How is the weather? Does the sun ever shine or Does it rain every day and it’s cloudy all the time? I’m Just wondering, in general, if August was a bad time to book. TIA

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 9:54 am
Unbearably Hot and humid. The rain comes and goes but it’s not usually rain the whole day through.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:14 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Unbearably Hot and humid. The rain comes and goes but it’s not usually rain the whole day through.

Wow! Do you get sunny days with some rain or is it cloudy days with some rain?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! Do you get sunny days with some rain or is it cloudy days with some rain?

Check out accuweather (app). They have the most detailed forecasts

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:28 am
In Miami and Orlando, there is rain or possible thunderstorm most days but it’s short and over in 20 mins.
We are in Miami and go out almost every day, we just look at the hourly forecast and plan our day around that.
Once in a while you get a proper rain day and then we do an indoor activity.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
In Miami and Orlando, there is rain or possible thunderstorm most days but it’s short and over in 20 mins.
We are in Miami and go out almost every day, we just look at the hourly forecast and plan our day around that.
Once in a while you get a proper rain day and then we do an indoor activity.

What about sunshine? Do you get sun or is it cloudy? That would’ve been something that is really important to me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Check out accuweather (app). They have the most detailed forecasts

I specifically want to hear firsthand from Imas that are there because based on my accuweather app it rains all day every day with no sun. It’s not a destination I would consider again, if that’s the case.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:41 am
Sure there is sun! It did rain almost every day we were there, but usually towards the end of the day. Not all day. We got a bunch of hours in the pool with sun. I think in humid tropical weather you usually get rain. We kept looking out for grey clouds!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Sure there is sun! It did rain almost every day we were there, but usually towards the end of the day. Not all day. We got a bunch of hours in the pool with sun. I think in humid tropical weather you usually get rain. We kept looking out for grey clouds!

Yes, this. Still plenty of sun. Truthfully I prefer it when it’s not too sunny as it really makes it feel so much hotter.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:37 am
We were in boca & it rained a massive amount.
Tremendous storms, trees down, no power & flooding.
There were very few days with no rain at all. Many days were mixed.
It is brutally hot & humid and very easy to burn even with sunscreen on the sunny days.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:15 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:

When were you there? I was all booked to go the last two weeks of August. My kids were looking forward to this trip all winter. I showed them the weather app how it never shows sun, that appeased them a bit. Never having been there l, I naively assumed that yes it’s hot but with glorious sunshine:)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:16 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
We were in boca & it rained a massive amount.
Tremendous storms, trees down, no power & flooding.
There were very few days with no rain at all. Many days were mixed.
It is brutally hot & humid and very easy to burn even with sunscreen on the sunny days.

That’s so disappointing! When was this?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:24 pm
June & July.
Summer is very rainy in Florida & you're heading to hurricane season too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics