Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I wore out my walking shoes! Non scale Victory!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:02 am
NSV. To the left, my old walking shoes. To the right, my new ones. I’m not 100% sure when I got the old ones but I’m pretty sure I didn’t use them much until March/April this year. I started exercising in November 2019, but mostly inside since I was indoors, doing step aerobics.

In mid April, I started walking outside ( hence with shoes on.) I doubt I’d worn them more than a bit before that, although I do not recall when I got them. Since mid -April I have walked about 540 km/337 miles ( give or take) in these shoes. They are just plum worn out.

The other day, I realized that I needed new shoes pretty badly, because I’m not stopping any time soon. Marc and I are planning how we will walk this winter ( feeling like a balaclava might help with cold air asthma issues.) I’ll probably need to invest in some decent winter boots, and thus far snow shoes /pants have been discussed but not skis ( because cross country skiing just feels like a huge learning curve.

I can go back to step any time, so even if the weather is too miserable for me to exercise in, I won’t need to be completely inactive.

This seems like a really massive deal to me. I’ve worn shoes out before but never by exercise that I recall! Even when I was doing the two half marathons, I don’t think I wore shoes out from use. ( mainly because I started training in August and first Hsalf marathon was November 2013, then after a 5k in December, it got too cold for my asthma, and I didn’t walk much distance again except for a brief trip to Las Vegas and then the Miami marathon of 2014.) I just want to add that most of my weight was lost pre exercise. Feeling fit as a fiddle did t come until after I started that even though I felt good before. @re_scaling August 16/20

https://I.imgur.com/nGUUs1e.jpg

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:21 am
Congrats! That’s a milestone!
You can use those tennis racket things in the winter. I forget what they’re called.

sweetie2shoes

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:25 pm
Congratulations! That is so impressive, good for you!

Can I ask how long do you walk each day?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 1:43 pm
Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 1:46 pm
Woo-hoo! Yay!

Ur giving me chizzuk. I recently started running, this is an inspiration!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Congrats! That’s a milestone!
You can use those tennis racket things in the winter. I forget what they’re called.

Snow shoes! We were just talking about that. We have one pair we never used before but can get another! Here’s hoping for lots of snow!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:25 am
sweetie2shoes wrote:
Congratulations! That is so impressive, good for you!

Can I ask how long do you walk each day?

It doesn’t always happen but usually I finish work at 8 pm and we walk for at least an hour but sometimes more depending on the way we feel. Last night we did not go out because the skies were ominously black and we ended up with torrential rain. Also, this week, Marc has been painting, so life happens and we try to get out when we can. Nearly always at least 10-12 km on Shabbat ( we live close to the westernmost top of Lake Ontario and walk down to the bayfront pretty much weekly!)

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:25 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thank you!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:28 am
yiddishmom wrote:
Woo-hoo! Yay!

Ur giving me chizzuk. I recently started running, this is an inspiration!

Recently I was very struck by something Dr Benjamin Bikman said which was basically “do exercise you’re going to like and enjoy and DO.”

We like walking together. It’s good for our heads to get out and we live in an area with so many trails and promenades, it’s always gorgeous! Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise