Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Bat mitzvah during corona

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:58 pm
Edit: can anyone shed some light on what people are doing for bat mitzvahs these days?
What is usually done at a bat mitzvah? I’m planning to do a socially distanced bat mitzvah with masks and a project like Canvas painting for my daughter. But what else? I don’t think I can do food because of the social distancing and masking and I guess dancing is out. So what else?

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 12:28 am
What’s a party without food? Sad

Just One

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 1:27 am
If you can do socially distanced painting why not socially distanced eating? Just serve individual servings instead of self serve

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 7:58 am
You can do food, prepackaged/preplated or served by someone in a mask and gloves. Are you doing this inside or outside?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 9:54 am
I’m doing it inside. Plated or individually packaged food would make it so expensive. The original plan was to have it in my house and I’d make pasta and cut up fruits veggies etc. Can I really not have it without food?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 12:58 pm
How would I do food even if it were individually wrapped? If they’re going to take off their masks they’ll need 6 ft apart to sit and eat.

leaf

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 4:06 pm
how abt a game? or a slide show?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 4:20 pm
leaf wrote:
how abt a game? or a slide show?

Oh the slide show is a good idea! What kind of games?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Edit: can anyone shed some light on what people are doing for bat mitzvahs these days?
What is usually done at a bat mitzvah? I’m planning to do a socially distanced bat mitzvah with masks and a project like Canvas painting for my daughter. But what else? I don’t think I can do food because of the social distancing and masking and I guess dancing is out. So what else?

I'm confused. You say you're doing a socially distanced bat mitzvah. That means 6 ft.

Masks are for incidental moments of being closer than 6 ft. If you're socially distanced, then the guests would be 6 ft apart, so eating wouldn't be a problem.

leaf

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:50 am
You can do a modified version of the newlywed game: split the girls into a few teams and ask questions abt your daughter. Ask your daughter the questions before the party and write down her answers. When we played on shabbos, I gave out wooden skewers to each team and for each correct answer, my son, the bar mitzvah boy, handed out a marshmallow... (sample questions: favorite holiday, favorite sandwhich, favorite dessert, favorite sport, least favorite subject in school. least favorite chore, preferences: aisle or window seat, top or bottom bunk, red or white grape juice` fantasy: pet, trip to anywhere in the world, what she wnats to be when she grows up, where she wants to live)/

You can do a modified version of jeopardy: split girls into teams. I've made it with the 4 topics being "mazal" "tov" "kid's first name" kid's middle made" and then made up clues for mazal, etc., famous ppl with kid's name...

You can make an escape room, but that's more of a project to put together...

You can also do some sort of group learning if that's your speed...
Or a chesed project...
Or hafrashas challah.... but that's a lot of flour if each girls does her own...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days