Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician has no more appointments in August for checkups
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 2:55 pm
Hi,
I am a young mom and need some advice.
My babies are 5 months and 14 months and both need well checkups and vaccines as we haven't been to the doctor for 3 months.
I keep calling and they are saying "sorry no more appointments in August. Call tomorrow for September schedule."
I'm so upset. I care about my kids health and I want them to be vaccinated on time..They are already late since I do one shot at a time.
I live in Brooklyn..Do I switch Doctors?!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 2:57 pm
Just ask for their next soonest appt. I have to make well visit appt months in advance: it’s just how it is

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:00 pm
I'll do that I guess but I never had issues before, and they never let me schedule appointments more than one month early they say "sorry we don't have that calendar yet.."

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:03 pm
You should absolutely ask them then, what day the calendar opens up for the month so you know when to call
To make the appts. Ask them how to best work with them

tweety1

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:16 pm
I never go this time of the yr. I officially make my well visits November/December

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:17 pm
What about babies? He's a preemie and I want to make sure he's developing ok

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:20 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I never go this time of the yr. I officially make my well visits November/December

And I like to go April - June. I avoid the doctor's office in the winter as much as I can.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about babies? He's a preemie and I want to make sure he's developing ok

Make sure to mention this when you call. Book the first appointment you can, and get put on a cancelation list in case a spot opens up or they open the schedule. Also, if vaccinations are an issue, sometimes you can come in just for that.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:24 pm
September is two weeks away. This time of year is crazy with people trying to schedule appointments before school

The doc can also be backed up if they weren’t doing full check ups etc earlier in the year

If your otherwise happy I would stay and just chalk it up to a busy time

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:26 pm
Get the earliest September appointment. 2 weeks won’t make or break it if they are normal healthy children.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:28 pm
Ok true-you're all right..it's only 2 weeks hopefully and they are usually good with appointments.
I guess I better make the appointments asap.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:30 pm
OP, I think its ok if you give a vaccine 2 weeks later than you thought you would.
From now until september is not such a long time.
If your children are healthy, I would actually keep them out of the doctor's offices during covid and all. You never know who is coming in with what, to the office.

The doctor's office may also just not be doing any non necessary visits at the moment.

Take a deep breath and call tomorrow to ask for the earliest available appointment. And then if you really want, every few days see if there was a cancellation.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:33 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
OP, I think its ok if you give a vaccine 2 weeks later than you thought you would.
From now until september is not such a long time.
If your children are healthy, I would actually keep them out of the doctor's offices during covid and all. You never know who is coming in with what, to the office.

The doctor's office may also just not be doing any non necessary visits at the moment.

Take a deep breath and call tomorrow to ask for the earliest available appointment. And then if you really want, every few days see if there was a cancellation.

Such small babies can’t avoid well visits until this is all over, they should be going relatively on schedule for vaccinations and milestone checks

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Such small babies can’t avoid well visits until this is all over, they should be going relatively on schedule for vaccinations and milestone checks
I didnt say until this is over. The office said no appointment until sept 1. Thats not a long time from now. I meant until then, make an appointment for the first available one after sept 1. 2 weeks is ok. But if she is nervous, mention that she has a preemie and see what they say.

Stars

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 3:58 pm
I would push it to after yt. If your kids are eating and peeing/pooping fine and nothing hurts, it doesn’t hurt to wait.
I like to start vaccinating later on anyway. the cdc has a catch up schedule. Look it up and see if it suits your needs.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
I am a young mom and need some advice.
My babies are 5 months and 14 months and both need well checkups and vaccines as we haven't been to the doctor for 3 months.
I keep calling and they are saying "sorry no more appointments in August. Call tomorrow for September schedule."
I'm so upset. I care about my kids health and I want them to be vaccinated on time..They are already late since I do one shot at a time.
I live in Brooklyn..Do I switch Doctors?!

Why are you calling now?? I always schedule well visits one to two months in advance and during covid its even longer. What do you expect? (Eta I an not in brooklyn)

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 4:06 pm
My children's pediatrician is scheduling well visits for 3 months out. My dc last went in January at 15 months and we skipped his 18 month because of Corona and now isn't going until October.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 4:18 pm
I book appointments for my kids for 6 months at a time (or yearly after 2 years old). Sometimes I need to change it when it gets closer but at least I have something because the doctor we like gets booked up fast. a few weeks isn’t a big deal, just book the next available appointment.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 4:58 pm
I took my 9 month old baby 3 times to the Dr. Since he's born in Nov.
Bli ayin hara and I haven't been to the Dr. Since February with him! Which was a well visit..

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 5:10 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Why are you calling now?? I always schedule well visits one to two months in advance and during covid its even longer. What do you expect? (Eta I an not in brooklyn)

That's common oot.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics