Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Enter to Win a Gift-Edition Balabusta’s Daily Organizer!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Frenchfry

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 1:16 am
I allow Shabbos cereal both Friday afternoon right before Shabbos, and Shabbos morning. This way it gets the kids excited, and they aren't so hungry waiting for the seuda.

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 1:19 am
Erev shabbos preps begin on sunday- baking
Monday-cleaning
Tuesday- laundry
Wednesday- grocery shopping
Thursday- cooking and laundry
Friday- cleaning

Odelyah

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 1:23 am
Frenchfry wrote:
I allow Shabbos cereal both Friday afternoon right before Shabbos, and Shabbos morning. This way it gets the kids excited, and they aren't so hungry waiting for the seuda.

I like this idea a lot-- especially because when we did shabbos cereal it ended up getting stale and wasted if I only let them have on shabbos. I didn't like always throwing out cereal and buying new every couple of weeks-- this makes so much sense! Thumbs Up

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 3:30 am
pause wrote:
I know many people do this out of convenience, but I rather serve Shabbos food l'kovod Shabbos and not satisfy their cravings for chulent and kugel on a mid-week supper. This way they actually look forward to Shabbos in order to have the Shabbos food. Then of course Sunday is leftovers. I don't think it's kavod Shabbos to serve leftovers on Shabbos.

It's roast chicken and farfel (not chulent and kugel) and it's not leftovers. I make two pans, one for Thursday and one for Shabbos.

Odelyah

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 3:58 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
It's roast chicken and farfel (not chulent and kugel) and it's not leftovers. I make two pans, one for Thursday and one for Shabbos.

maybe off topic but do you make the chicken and farfel all in one pan? if so I'd love a recipe!

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:25 am
We do Brochos party on shabbos afternoon.

Yogurt with mm's or pudding for shabbos breakfast.

Kindline, kinderlach magazine for kids ( yiddish) is saved for right after zman.

Comic books in shul during leining, so they don't disturb.

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:04 pm
octopus wrote:
Erev shabbos preps begin on sunday- baking
Monday-cleaning
Tuesday- laundry
Wednesday- grocery shopping
Thursday- cooking and laundry
Friday- cleaning

Makes me think of Malkie in "Is It Shabbos Yet" by Ellen Emerman!
Amazing that you are so organized and so Shabbos thinking that you can do that. Kol hakavod.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 8:15 am
rubber ducky do we get entered into the raffle more times, the more tips we post? I need all the organizing help I can get Smile

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 9:57 am
Friday night I prepare a 'shabbos party' for my kids for when they wake up in the morning. Each child has a 'pekel' in a bag with food plus a shabbos treat. I also leave them a drink. This way they have something nice for shabbos in the morning, I get to sleep in for a little bit, and when I get up they're not starving either.

Also for cholent-The crock-pot liners are a lifesaver. All the cholent goes into the liner. After shabbos you chuck the liner and the pot is still clean. No more scraping the cholent from the pot.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10:09 am
Odelyah wrote:
rubber ducky do we get entered into the raffle more times, the more tips we post? I need all the organizing help I can get Smile

Most of us can use all the organizing help we can get, myself included!

You can help us all out by posting more tips and hacks, but you get one entry total whether you post 1 tip or 100.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10:28 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Most of us can use all the organizing help we can get, myself included!

You can help us all out by posting more tips and hacks, but you get one entry total whether you post 1 tip or 100.

got it Smile thanks!

TravelHearter

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10:32 am
A close family member of ours passed away a few months ago, and one thing he always excelled in was buying and making things that he knew his guests liked. My husband and I now try Bli neder to do the same l’zecher nishmaso.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:06 am
Bumping this up for anyone else who wants to enter. The contest ends at candlelighting time for Shabbos/Rosh Hashana wherever you live.

To enter, just post your favorite tip for enhancing Shabbos or Yom Tov in this thread. See the beginning of this thread for complete info.

2xmom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:52 am
The whole family sitting down with a game, winter months after the seuda Friday night, summer after the morning seuda.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:00 pm
Last chance to enter, the contest ends at candlelighting tonight wherever you live! The winner will be announced on Tuesday.

Wishing a Shana Tova to all,
— Rubber Ducky

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:33 pm
Throughout the week, we save special things for Shabbos. If the kids ask for a treat that we don't usually have, instead of saying yes or no I'll say we can get it for Shabbos sometime.

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:16 pm
I love to polish the silver on Friday and then immediately set the table. It gives off that glistening hue and it makes my Simchas yomtov

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:17 pm
Magazines and certain foods are bought in honor of shabbos/yomtov.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:39 am
We have a winner in The Balabusta's Daily Organizer Imamother raffle.

Hashem_Yaazor has won a Gift Edition of The Balabusta's Daily Organizer .

Thank you to all who entered by posting their tips to enhance Shabbos and YomTov!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:40 pm
Thank you, really looking forward to trying it out!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics