Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
TMI very loose diapers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:02 am
My 11 month old has been having pretty bad diarrhea lately. He wakes up in middle of the night with a saturated, smelly diaper that ends up down his legs and/or up his back. He also will have at least one blowout diaper a day, where I have to change him. And then another, slightly less filled, but still very loose, diaper sometime during the day. I don’t nurse him. This is completely new! What can it be? He has many food allergies, but I haven’t been feeding him differently. Can a new allergy possibly develop out of the blue? Or is it teething? Or a virus?

teachkids

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:34 am
Teething can cause loose diapers from the swallowed drool. Can also be too much fruit/ fruit juice or some sort of bug (bacteria, virus or parasite). Worth calling your dr and seeing what they advise.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 8:24 am
Thanks. He has 2 teeth coming in, but no drooling. There have been no changes in his diet. I’m not even gonna bother with my pediatrician, because she’s the worst and will offer zero help or information.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 9:30 am
firstly I feel bad about the loose diapers & secondly feel bad how you feel about the pediatrician. is there any way you can look for a new one.
as far as very loose diapers, it could be your child has developed a new allergy.
the best idea is to discuss with a Doctor,,,,,,hatzlocha & refuah shlaima!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 9:59 am
My kids often have loose and very stinky diapers when teething.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:05 am
We’re moving in a few months, so I’m fine using her until then.
He just had a very runny, mucousy diaper. Which is #1 sign of an allergy. Can allergies develop that quickly? Like boom overnight! This just started a few days ago, and I haven’t changed anything in his diet.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:13 am
Was he recently on antibiotics? Does he have belly pain?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Was he recently on antibiotics? Does he have belly pain?

No antibiotics. He’s only 11 months, so he can’t tell me if his stomach hurts. But he plays and acts as he always does.

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:31 am
I have one child that gets diarrhea from bananas (for most it constipates) .
So maybe cut that out from his diet if he's eating it

realsilver

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:35 am
Another vote for teething. My kids always have that, I know already not to be concerned. (and it's not necessarily from drooling!)

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 10:23 am
I don't want to make you nervous, but if it goes on for a long time, you must get it checked out. My son had it for a long time, turned out to be Giardia which is a kind of stomach parasite. I know, it's gross. Doesn't always mean it's that, but good to have it in the back of your mind. Easy to diagnose and treat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics