Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Laser or Electrolysis for Hairline?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 9:43 am
Not sure which one to do, and looking for feedback from anyone who has done either.
Are you happy with the results? How long did it take? How much did it cost? And if you had it done in Brooklyn, where? Thanks!
(Anon bec asked around irl too)

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 9:53 am
Don't do it. You'll look bald in a snood.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:04 am
I’ve asked about this in Imamother a few times and haven’t really gotten much info ... my hairline Is CRAZY low!!! Hate how I look in a snood ... Hate that my wigs need bangs to look normal...

Following!

rising hero

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:31 am
If your hair is graying already you cant do laser. But I think laser is a great option if you do it when you still can.
Just a side note. Many women, when they do their hairline, wear their tichels and wigs too high up. A hairline should be where the forehead starts to curve.

blessedqueen

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:17 am
exactly my question! my hairline is very low on forehead, and I just bought a shaitel with netting in the front: to look great I should glue it down... not knowing better I glued on my hair! LOL now I know it should be glued to the wig cap which should start at my hairline- which has always made my custom shaitels look bad because the hairline is so low. I am 55 yr old, with little grey, and am ready to go for it! I researched online and there is a lady in new york city who specializes in fair hair (maybe even grey). I'm in israel, so will need to research here more... but any feedback is appreciated! Applause

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:22 am
Electrolysis can be done on gray hair, afaik.
Results can be more natural and less fake looking than laser.
Btw, if you have a lace front, most ppl dont glue it, since we Jews tend to remove our wigs daily. Whoever you bought it from can maybe advise you. Good luck!

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:39 pm
Many women, when they do their hairline, wear their tichels and wigs too high up. A hairline should be where the forehead starts to curve.

SO THATS WHY!
I was wondering why I always see high foreheads and no hair at the front of the ears and even the temples have no hair :/
It looks strange to me but whatever works for them haha.
Like how does it look uncovered?? I’d be freaked which is why I won’t mess with my hairline in all it’s beauty.
*shudder*
I have a big wrinkle right smack in the middle of my forehead and I’m very self conscious about it so I don’t mind if I have a wig with bangs (okay maybe I mind a little because it does get boring after a year or so....)
But my hair line isn’t low but not high either.

The only hair I would remove is the little annoying hairs at the back of the neck. But not permanently ever. The most permanent thing I’ve done is pierce my ears (my mother pierced my ears as a baby, so not exactly my choice haha) and I had a c section and even that’s permanent.

Idk it just makes me squeamish to mess with my body the way it is haha. I personally wouldn’t do permanent hair removal or Botox or rhinoplasty or anything like that.

I don’t look pretty but I don’t look terrible either but I wouldn’t want to modify the body that hashem gave me

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:41 pm
I can ask someone who does laser hair removal about it and let you know iyH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels