Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Please help me, ds needs to be trained by september

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 2:46 pm
I need ds to be trained by the time playgroup starts as per their policy. He is a little older than 3. He is not scared - he's made a few times in the potty- but he never remembers to go. He tells me after he has an accident. (He's only made on the potty when I made him sit there for a few minutes. Even when I do every 30 min, he somehow has an accident in between.)
Please help!

tiedyed4life

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 2:50 pm
I highly recommend the book Oh **** Potty Training. Informative, to the point, troubleshooting and it works. We did naked training at 29 months and had no accidents in only 4 days. Now at almost 3 she will sometimes have accidents in underwear but never naked

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 3:08 pm
DS should be naked except for a long shirt and socks. Sometimes underwear feels like a diaper.

Take DS every hour to the potty (put it on a timer) and give a treat (like jelly beans) every time
he goes in potty.

There will be accidents - it takes about a week (or two) to learn.

Don't make a big deal about accidents but praise and reward all successes.

Newly trained kids need to be taken to the bathroom on a schedule.

Good Friend

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 3:55 pm
I just trained my daughter, and I knowthere are differences between boys and girls, but what worked for us was spending a long time on the toilet, playing, reading, even eating meals there, until she went. The first few days she was there for a long time- longest being 2 hours. It got shorter and shorter and now after about a month she usually says before- if she's busy I keep reminding her, and she goes pretty much right away when she gets on the toilet.

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:04 pm
Have him help you teach a baby doll or stuffed animal to go to the toile. if you cN dedicate the time one or two days just play outside or in kitchen with a kiddie potty close by. give him lots to drink and take him every 5-10 minutes until. when he goes give the positive reinforcement of your choice (candy sticker juice praise) have the doll make accidents and teach the doll to go to the potty right away and if there is an accodent to clean it up, same if you sone has an accident. if you flood him with fluids he can get lots of practice in just a day. but its just lots of full time training for that day

mdogzz

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:43 pm
There is a really cute watch that is called a potty watch. You can get one on Amazon for pretty cheap. You set it to how often you want it to play music and everything it plays the song you go to the potty. My mil swears by it and managed to potty train a just turned 2 year old boy who was too big for his diapers. Everyone time it goes off he claps and runs to the potty.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 8:31 pm
I tried all of this with my 3+ ds this month, and none of it worked. Sometimes they are just not ready.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training