Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Info on health insurance and transportation for seminary gir

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 2:46 pm
Hi,my daughter bh is going to seminary, her seminary gave me a private insurance that’s too expensive, anyone know if I can get her in bituach leumi?
Also any women driver that could take her from the airport to Yerushalayim at 3 am? Thanks in advance

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:49 pm
Following!
How much was the insurance they suggested?
Do they let you take another one?
My son is going as well.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:33 pm
I think 2,30$ a day if I’m not mistaken and I told them today I’m looking for a cheaper one and they didn’t reply... maybe now someone that lives in Israel could help us...

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:42 pm
Bituach leumi isn't for health insurance. You need a kupat cholim. Both Maccabi and Meuchedet have programs for non-citizens and have English websites. Maybe you can try them.

I don't know of any female cab drivers, though I have also never heard it being unsafe to travel with a male driver.

When is your daughter starting seminary? It may be hard to get student visas after the chagim.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 10:54 pm
She will be starting this week bh, and the problem for transportation with a men it’s ichud...

salt

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 3:14 am
She can get a Nesher. It's a minbus - the drivers wait at the same place as the taxi drivers. They wait until they fill up, so it might be a little wait, and then they drop everyone off at their destination around Jerusalem.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 3:18 am
salt wrote:
She can get a Nesher. It's a minbus - the drivers wait at the same place as the taxi drivers. They wait until they fill up, so it might be a little wait, and then they drop everyone off at their destination around Jerusalem.

I think because of quarantine rules a nesher is not an option.
You need a single driver.

Op, bituach leumi is not an option and also not health insurance.

Why isn't the seminary helping with transportation?

imasinger

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 3:24 am
Whatever you're doing for insurance, do it quickly because unless she's coming from a country on their green list, she should have a printed out letter from the insurance saying she's on a plan, it's sometimes being asked as part of the documentation at the airport.

For the ride, would it help if you contacted the sem? Maybe they'd have a connection, or be able to tell you if other girls on the program are coming in on that flight and could share a cab. Riding with a few other sem girls in one car is probably safer health wise than taking public transportation.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:08 am
If shes coming from the US she has to go into quarantine.
Dont know if taxis will take her .
See if the sem can help.
For medical insurance try aim or emacare.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children