Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
People are crazy!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:13 pm
We live on a busy street corner that many people pass by. Somehow the road in front of our house attracts a lot of dirt. The garbage truck also leaves behind a mess. We clean up to the best of our ability. My kids were playing on my lawn and they ran in that a lady is screaming at them. I came out and some women is screaming at them why is the street so dirty, shame on yiddisha kinderlach that make such a mess and they have to clean up. I asked her why she's talking to kids she yells that Rabbi Avigder Miller always told the kinderlach to clean up. I told her she's welcome to clean the road and she shouldn't be screaming at kids. She proceeds to yell at me "so you're one of those jews! You're a spoiled American that thinks you can make a mess, because of you the world hates us...." I told her she's an anti semite and have a good day. She says "oh you spoiled rotten American jew, you're so wrong." And she walked off screaming her head off. Mind you the dirt is on the ROAD. I'm seething mad and shaken up. Hashem should send her a refua shleima.

yonabets

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:18 pm
I feel bad for you and your kids

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:22 pm
Hashem should send her a refuah shelaimah is right. Yikes.

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:27 pm
Oh man, how upsetting. I’m so sorry you and your kids went through that. I seriously doubt Rabbi Avigdor Miller would have approved of this lady’s behavior.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:31 pm
Wow! Yea refuah shleima indeed.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:53 pm
Maybe she forgot to take her anti anxiety meds today.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:54 pm
She needs to worry.more about what Rabbi Miller would have said HER and not other people's children. She needs more than a refuah shelaima...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:57 pm
Waaaa she came back now screaming that "how can u let a reshus harabim be so dirty??? Shame on you, you are terrible!!"
Am I supposed to clean the roads??? Am I a street cleaner???
I guess she's really crazy, I should feel bad for her. But now my big kids are afraid to be outside alone.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:59 pm
You know it seems like H wants to give you something BIG ... But she's a" test" you have to pass first

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:03 pm
avrahamama wrote:
You know it seems like H wants to give you something BIG ... But she's a" test" you have to pass first

Oh, that would be nice.
So maybe I should stop talking about it and ignore her if she comes back.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:03 pm
avrahamama wrote:

Love this response!
Now is a good time to daven for anything you need!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh, that would be nice.
So maybe I should stop talking about it and ignore her if she comes back.

If she does just keep it shalom the best you can and then pretty please come here and give us all a bracha.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:10 pm
It's Elul. Let it be a kapparah.

And yes, she sounds nuts.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:32 pm
Someone was once shamed in public.
I childless man grabbed his shoulder and begged him to daven for so-and-so Ben so-and-so (himself) that he should have a child and He had a baby within the year.
Being Shamed gives a person great power.

Rav Chaim Vital, (Talmid of Arizal) said that if a person would know the power of being shamed he would RUN AFTER PEOPLE AND BEG THEM TO SHAME HIM.

״אם אדם היה יודע כמה עוונות מתכפרין לו ע״י הבושה היה רץ אחרי אנשים ומתחנן שיביישוהו״

Hugs!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:37 pm
avrahamama wrote:
If she does just keep it shalom the best you can and then pretty please come here and give us all a bracha.

Hope she won't come back, my kids are traumatized.

yersp

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:57 pm
You reminded me of what I had once with someone yelling at me too. I was waiting for my son's bus. It was the first day of cheder and there was some confusion on the cheder's end which bus he was supposed to be on. They had started a new color coded system for the buses and my son was not on this particular bus. Until the driver and the bus monitor realized what had happened, traffic was backed up and cars were honking. Out of nowhere this guy starts screaming in my face about causing traffic and what not. I was so startled by him that my first thought was I had better not lose this baby. I was about 6 weeks pregnant with bleeding issues galore. I just said yeah yeah uh huh uh huh and walked away. I did however have a fleeting thought of keying his car since he did park right outside my house but decided that it's Elul and Hashem should help him with whatever he needs but if I were to lose this baby I would never forgive him.
B"H all was resolved and no more causing traffic!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 7:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hope she won't come back, my kids are traumatized.

I'm sorry your kids are traumatized. It's smart that they are afraid of crazy people, and don't want to go outside until they know it is safe.

By dirt, do you mean like soil from the ground, or do you mean candy wrappers and stuff? If it's food packaging, I can see why she'd be upset. I see frum kids throw wrappers on the ground all the time, and it makes me want to yell, too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 7:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm sorry your kids are traumatized. It's smart that they are afraid of crazy people, and don't want to go outside until they know it is safe.

By dirt, do you mean like soil from the ground, or do you mean candy wrappers and stuff? If it's food packaging, I can see why she'd be upset. I see frum kids throw wrappers on the ground all the time, and it makes me want to yell, too.

It's garbage on the road, not on the sidewalk, mostly left behind by the garbage truck. She can be upset no problem but has no right to curse and yell at people. She's probably ill.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's garbage on the road, not on the sidewalk, mostly left behind by the garbage truck. She can be upset no problem but has no right to curse and yell at people. She's probably ill.

Do you have a local city council you can call about this? I've never heard of a garbage truck leaving trash on the road - that sounds awful!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 7:47 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Do you have a local city council you can call about this? I've never heard of a garbage truck leaving trash on the road - that sounds awful!

We've called the village multiple times, nothing doing. The street cleaning truck comes around maybe 2 times a year.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette