Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Gemachim
Previous  1  2

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 9:44 pm
I've heard of a g'mach that has silver plated kiddush cups for shabbos sheva brochos.

pacifier g'mach. that can be a lifesaver in the middle of the night/shabbos.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 9:55 pm
I know in certain places there is a over the counter medicine gemach for lets say motrin tylenol and ect

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 10:42 pm
oooo cm, I was going to start a moving box gemach! But, you need a lot of storage for boxes.

hmmmm?

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 11:50 pm
why do you need a lot of storage for boxes? They should all fold flat.

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 12:09 am
amother wrote:
I have a gemach for Medela pumps, and it is very popular. I charge a small fee and from that buy more pumps. If you want more info about setting up a gemach let me know.

are these the hospital-guage pumps? I would worry about three things if they are not:

1. replacement parts-medela won't sell you parts unless you have registered one pump in your name. They don't support lending these pumps because of sterilization issues

2. Even if each mother has her own cups and tubing, the membrane over the pump is difficult to sterilize

3. A single-owner motor will wear out faster and maybe mislead a mother into thinking she is not producing enough milk, ch'v

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 12:18 am
Boxes fold flat but they're BIG! Plus, you don't just have a few boxes, you need dozens. So, I ended up giving the boxes away to those who needed them and asked them to pass them on.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 4:36 am
mumoo wrote:
amother wrote:
I have a gemach for Medela pumps, and it is very popular. I charge a small fee and from that buy more pumps. If you want more info about setting up a gemach let me know.

are these the hospital-guage pumps? I would worry about three things if they are not:

1. replacement parts-medela won't sell you parts unless you have registered one pump in your name. They don't support lending these pumps because of sterilization issues

2. Even if each mother has her own cups and tubing, the membrane over the pump is difficult to sterilize

3. A single-owner motor will wear out faster and maybe mislead a mother into thinking she is not producing enough milk, ch'v

This all sounds very nice, but my gemach is in Israel, and I lend out mostly to people who could never afford to buy their own pump. If my gemach didn't exist they wouldn't be able to pump at all and would have to give Materna instead while they work, or stop nursing if their baby is in hospital.
The Medela importer here doesn't make any problems about selling me spare parts. In fact, most women don't even buy the cups and tubing, but sterilize the ones that came with the pump.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:01 am
There is a Shabbos supplies gmach in my neighborhood where you can borrow things like wine, grape juice, challohs, etc. I am not sur ehow far it goes (salads, chicken, kugel, cholent?) but it is the kind of thing you can take as far as you want. Even just the grape juice and challos are a huge help since I know I have both borrowed and lent out both of these things.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics