Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:41 pm
It looks like it’s time to research a double stroller. My older one will have iyH just turned two when she has to share her stroller, so not quite old enough to stick on a buggy board.

Must haves:
Lightweight (prefer under 20 lbs, if it’s just above, I’ll make it work).
One handed one piece fold. (I won’t be able to take it apart every time I need to fold it because the storage spot isn’t in my apt and doesn’t have space unfolded).
Fits through narrower doorways.
Some sort of newborn friendly seat (lie flat, bassinet, or attachment for my graco car seat are all ok).
Decent wheels for bad sidewalks.
Fits tall children (my kid kicks the front seat and bumps her head on the sunshade on vistas and city selects already- I can’t imagine it getting better.)

Would be nice:
A decent size basket.
I can snap the car seat in.
Washable fabric
Reasonable price

Anyone have recommendations?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:56 pm
We're happy with the Britax B Ready (the Britax B Agile is a little more expensive, I think). It has some of the features you want, but not all of them - definitely not so light and not one-handed. It's cheaper than some other similar models, but when you get the accompanying carseat (and then buy a second seat later), the price goes up.

I never had a problem getting through doorways. We were happy with the wheels.

I'm not sure about the taller kid, as my son is in the normal-to-slightly-above-average range. He's 3, and he can still sit in it without a problem.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
We're happy with the Britax B Ready (the Britax B Agile is a little more expensive, I think). It has some of the features you want, but not all of them - definitely not so light and not one-handed. It's cheaper than some other similar models, but when you get the accompanying carseat (and then buy a second seat later), the price goes up.

I never had a problem getting through doorways. We were happy with the wheels.

I'm not sure about the taller kid, as my son is in the normal-to-slightly-above-average range. He's 3, and he can still sit in it without a problem.

Unfortunately the lightweight and the 1 handed fold are the most crucial. I gotta be able to get it in and out of my car and apartment building while holding a child.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:27 pm
I would recommend you measure the narrow doorways. When I researched for mine, I was looking at getting the britax b-agile or city mini, and then when I measured my door, it was too wide.
I got the mountain buggy duet as it's the narrowest. Baby monster easy twin is roughly the same design and size but cheaper. Disadvantages are it is very heavy though, and large folded, so it might not tick your box. It also isn't so cheap. But the duet can fit car seats, you can also purchase a bassinet, although the seats lie flat so it doesn't need it. It's very narrow and pushes really nicely with it's 10in air tyres. Basket is also a reasonable size.
I would discount the donkey as the seat sizes are similar to the city select and vista (and obviously the high price tag)
I like the look of the city tour double as it's narrower than the regular city mini but has all the advantages of city mini, small easy fold etc. It's really light, seats lie flat enough for a newborn and I think the new model can take a car seat.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:34 pm
So for lightweight and one hand fold... I have the valco baby snap duo trend and love it. You would have to figure out doorways (some it fits some it doesn’t). It’s expensive thought but maybe you can get second hand...

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:42 pm
City Mini or City Mini GT double, or the Uppababy Vista.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:28 pm
Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Double Stroller
Great, lightweight, narrow, and one hand fold

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:14 pm
Thank you all!
It looks like the narrower it is the more it weighs...
Next step: measure the doorway and the landing and see what can fit there or if I need to collapse it outside anyway....

bsy

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:59 pm
Light and one hand fold: valco snap duo trend
Possibly the city tour 2 is also good, but it won't have the same quality wheels and push as the valco

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:04 pm
bsy wrote:
Light and one hand fold: valco snap duo trend
Possibly the city tour 2 is also good, but it won't have the same quality wheels and push as the valco

How does the push on the snap duo compare to the city mini gt?

bsy

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
How does the push on the snap duo compare to the city mini gt?

I dont have the gt, but I imagine the gt is better because the wheels are better. Its significantly heavier though.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:26 pm
Mountain buggy Plus One

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:51 pm
I think ICandy peach has what you're looking for, but if you're in the US, I don't believe it is sold there.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:18 pm
Baby monster easy twin. Narrow, one hand easy fold, a little heavy but not terrible, my tall kid fits nicely.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:57 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I think ICandy peach has what you're looking for, but if you're in the US, I don't believe it is sold there.

It looks like it’s the same set up as the vista/city select my kid doesn’t fit in, so I would be nervous about buying it before I could confirm she fits. And boy is it expensive!

I love the idea of a tandem, but they seem to come with shorter seats.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:37 am
Thank you all for your help!
My doorway is 26" wide, and the landing is 31 x 31. So the mountain buggy is the only one that fits through the door, but it can't go anywhere once I get it through the door!
So it looks like no matter what I'm going to need to fold my stroller before getting into the building anyway, so the key here is going to be lightweight.

Unless someone knows of a miracle double that has that small a footprint... (I'm open to a sit n stand with a jumpseat if there's one that pushes easily)

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My doorway is 26" wide, and the landing is 31 x 31. So the mountain buggy is the only one that fits through the door, but it can't go anywhere once I get it through the door!
So it looks like no matter what I'm going to need to fold my stroller before getting into the building anyway, so the key here is going to be lightweight.

Unless someone knows of a miracle double that has that small a footprint... (I'm open to a sit n stand with a jumpseat if there's one that pushes easily)

Compare the weight of city tour and valco snap duo trend. When I bought the valco 2 years ago, the city tour didn't exist, so I'm not sure which is lighter. At that time, the valco was the lightest

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The city tour claims to be 26.1, and weighs 22lbs, so it might just fit and it's lightweight. You could buy/borrow and try it and if it doesn't work, give it back.
I would also add, I know your dd is young now, but in 6months-year from now she might be able to transition to a buggyboard. That's how it ended up with mine. She was a 18mo when the baby was born and by the time she was 2 and a half she was more on the buggyboard, but it does have a seat so it's not like she's standing all the time. It could be worth looking at a tandem, even if the seats are smaller, with the option to use a buggyboard at a later date.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It looks like it’s the same set up as the vista/city select my kid doesn’t fit in, so I would be nervous about buying it before I could confirm she fits. And boy is it expensive!

I love the idea of a tandem, but they seem to come with shorter seats.

It has more seat configurations than the Vista so you can actually put the bassinet behind with the seat in front (Google for more pics if interested), but I have no idea whether that would solve your height issue... Also if you put the heavier child in the front (with any of these types of strollers) you may have to turn backward to go onto sidewalk curbs because now you made the front part heavier... But yes, sadly it is pretty pricey Sad

Also, I just googled and apparently it is sold in some places in the US.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:50 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
It has more seat configurations than the Vista so you can actually put the bassinet behind with the seat in front (Google for more pics if interested), but I have no idea whether that would solve your height issue... Also if you put the heavier child in the front (with any of these types of strollers) you may have to turn backward to go onto sidewalk curbs because now you made the front part heavier... But yes, sadly it is pretty pricey Sad

Also, I just googled and apparently it is sold in some places in the US.

Her problem in the vista and city select is that her head bangs the sunshade. I can’t open it at all without bonking her head.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics