Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
On bedrest, baby only wants me, not sitter

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:23 pm
I'm on bedrest but my sweet 6 month old dd only wants me to put her to bed. She's up for 2 hours past her bedtime already, shrieking any time the sitter puts her in the crib. I'm so sad. But I physically can't do that at the moment. I'm crying Sad

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:38 pm
Can she lie down with you?

Are you pregnant?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Can she lie down with you?

Are you pregnant?

She can, but then when the sitter takes her, it starts again. I also don't want to encourage bad habits- she just recently (a month or two ago) began sleeping nicely in her crib.
I am not pregnant- I am recuperating from something and cannot walk.

It's just at night that she's like this. During the day she was happy with the sitter.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:46 pm
Op that must be so hard! Can you sing her a song and then give her something to take with her in her crib? - like a teddy bear, doll, etc from you. "Mommy loves you and mommy is giving you dolly, ____ will stay with you at your criv and you'll keep dolly..." she's little tho

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:54 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Op that must be so hard! Can you sing her a song and then give her something to take with her in her crib? - like a teddy bear, doll, etc from you. "Mommy loves you and mommy is giving you dolly, ____ will stay with you at your criv and you'll keep dolly..." she's little tho

I do sing. I nurse her. I can't give a stuffed animal because my doctor says to leave the crib empty at this age.
she doesn't understand.
This evening I sat down waiting for the sitter to give her to me so I could nurse her. She saw me as her diaper was being changed and couldn't take her eyes off me, as she cried and cried and did the saddest little crunches, trying to reach me Sad

challahchallah

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:56 pm
Can you sleep with one of the spare fitted sheets for her crib? Then it will smell like you when she is put down. I did this for quite a while. Cycle was wash to my bed to crib and back to wash. It’s easier to keep up if you have a few sheets so one can always be with you, one with the baby, and one in the laundry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics