Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Why did I bother making supper tonight?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:25 pm
I was at work from 9-4. Came home and took three kids to amazing savings to buy things for a car ride this weekend. I came home and was so ready to collapse on the couch but I had to make supper. I made pita pizza and hot pretzel pizza knowing full well that my kids would opt for cereal and milk and most would end up in the trash. Well lo and behold I had a pizza pretzel, dh had a pita pizza, garbage got the rest and three kids had cereal and milk. Why do I even bother????

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:29 pm
Hugs, OP. You have my full empathy.

I hope someone else has a solution because I'm finding myself understanding why my mother stopped making supper.

Sad

happy chick

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:30 pm
I wonder the same too, sometimes. Not why you make supper, why I make supper Wink
My newest thing is that my children take turns on Sundays making the menu for the week. That way, I know I'll have at least one customer per day. I go through it with the child to make an necessary tweaks.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:35 pm
So frustrating!!!!
I remember someone once told me, "nachas from little kids is when the kids ate up the whole supper that you cooked". LOL
Kidding aside, is there anything your kids do like?
Lately my kids eat the same 4 chicken and veggy soup dinners and I keep rotating. It used to be 2.... they bh added a 3rd and now end summer they will eat some chicken from the grill! Super duper boring but too bad.
My kids hate dairy or parve suppers. But then they want chocolate after dinner....lol

Maybe try to figure out a few things they will like and do those. If u get bored, do doubles and put away for next day, and you make something else for yourself. Every now and then cereal and milk isn't bad at all.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:38 pm
(Anon because afraid of losing my Frum card:

What's a pizza pretzel? TMI )

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:40 pm
I was gonna leave my home tonight so didn't plan on cooking supper but buy. At end plans changed, so I made fast hotdogs, fries, onion rings. My kids filled up on noodle soup while waiting for the supper to get ready. I stayed with an entire table with uneaten foods.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

a frozen hot pretzel with sauce and cheese on top.

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:44 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

I guess she takes ready frozen hot pretzel & adds sauce & cheese on top & bakes till melts. My assumption. Novel idea.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:49 pm
Oh when my kids reject my fleishigs suppers I sweat over, I think to myself why don’t I just serve pita pizza every night? I guess you’re one step ahead.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
a frozen hot pretzel with sauce and cheese on top.

Yum!! Would love to try this... thanks op
Anything your kids specifically like?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Yum!! Would love to try this... thanks op
Anything your kids specifically like?

Sunday is always pasta and Thursday is always homemade pizza. All three kids eat those suppers. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are the hard nights. The rule is that I make one supper and if you don't like it you can have cereal and milk. Let's just say that I go through a lot of cereal Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen