Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Anniversary gift- eternity ring

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 12:23 pm
My husband wants to get me an eternity ring for our anniversary iyH.
Not looking fro something super super flashy.

Anyone here have one and may I ask the price range you spent on it? We live in NY area

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 12:28 pm
I got one a few years ago for $1800 and upgraded recently for $11,000.
This is literally the type of thing you can get for $100 or $100,000. Find a jeweler and tell them what you want to spend and see what you can get for that price.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I got one a few years ago for $1800 and upgraded recently for $11,000.
This is literally the type of thing you can get for $100 or $100,000. Find a jeweler and tell them what you want to spend and see what you can get for that price.

Thanks good idea!
I'm a little nervous to be seen as pretentious because its a one year anniversary gift

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:06 pm
What is your price range?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:09 pm
SuperWify wrote:
What is your price range?

Around 2,000

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks good idea!
I'm a little nervous to be seen as pretentious because its a one year anniversary gift

U have good reason to. It's called an 'eternity' ring for a reason.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Around 2,000

Trust me- it won’t be pretentious at all... a $2k eternity will have much smaller diamonds then a $10k.

Why don’t you get a small classy one that matches your engagement ring and wear it together instead of your wedding band. I got one for my first anniversary and we matched it to my ring. Looks beautiful and classy together. Not showy at all.

Alternatively, if you like a bigger look, you can get a half a ring with bigger diamonds (diamonds only on the front not all the way around) and wear it on your other hand.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:14 pm
Costco

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:20 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Trust me- it won’t be pretentious at all... a $2k eternity will have much smaller diamonds then a $10k.

Why don’t you get a small classy one that matches your engagement ring and wear it together instead of your wedding band. I got one for my first anniversary and we matched it to my ring. Looks beautiful and classy together. Not showy at all.

Alternatively, if you like a bigger look, you can get a half a ring with bigger diamonds (diamonds only on the front not all the way around) and wear it on your other hand.

No need to worry- for 2k you won't be getting something flashy. My $1800 one was similar to what superwify is describing. I bought it to replace my plain wedding band. The eternity band was extremely thin and could only be worn together with my ring.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:25 pm
Another thing to consider when choosing between the eternity band and the half band is that sometimes having diamonds between your fingers can be uncomfortable, especially depending on the type of setting. Eternity bands are also weaker since there is less metal, but that’s fine as long as you get it checked somewhat regularly and it fits well. The nice thing about diamonds all around is you don’t have to worry about it spinning around to the wrong location. Enjoy your new ring!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:56 pm
Thanks ladies!
My engagement ring has a thin diamond band but I like the look of wearing the eternity ring on the other hand. My mom wears hers with her engagement ring but hers is much bigger than I would get. Maybe its worth it for me to put in some of my own money to get a bit bigger ring?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:13 pm
Before you add your own money, just be careful not to offend his gift. He wants to get you special and it is most certainly not cheap. Will he be ok with you adding your own money or will he feel like it is no longer a gift from him expressing his love and that it wasn't good enough because you had to add more. You are still newly married. Remember, your marriage is much more valuable and precious than any jewelry. Not saying not to add, just do so with a lot of caution.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Before you add your own money, just be careful not to offend his gift. He wants to get you special and it is most certainly not cheap. Will he be ok with you adding your own money or will he feel like it is no longer a gift from him expressing his love and that it wasn't good enough because you had to add more. You are still newly married. Remember, your marriage is much more valuable and precious than any jewelry. Not saying not to add, just do so with a lot of caution.

WOW. Thanks for pointing that out. Noted!
Im a newbie at being a wife... not doing a great job I guess lol

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:38 pm
DH just made me one custom for my birthday. I am not sure how much it was but it has diamonds all around. The diamonds are about 7 carats altogether. I know it appraised for over double what he spent though. For 2k it's gonna be really tiny I would think.

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My husband wants to get me an eternity ring for our anniversary iyH.
Not looking fro something super super flashy.

Anyone here have one and may I ask the price range you spent on it? We live in NY area

Hi! PM me, I have a great place for you to get one :-). Unless you already have about the jeweler I recommend in the diamond district. You can't beat her prices, quality and attention.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:46 pm
Bump...

I’m looking into purchasing a band before yt. (Will wear it on my right finger. ) I’m already married for quite a while bh and wanted between .40 and .50. What styles are the most popular styles now. Round is always classic but I love oval too!

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:13 pm
I got a half one 2 years ago by molly Olshwang. I’m a small petit person and I’m almost positive each diamond is .30. I actually tried on a bigger size and I was surprised myself to see that I didn’t like how it looked.. was just too big. We paid about $1700. Maybe a bit more. The plan was to upgrade to all around as a gift for another milestone/anniversary.

trixx

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Bump...

I’m looking into purchasing a band before yt. (Will wear it on my right finger. ) I’m already married for quite a while bh and wanted between .40 and .50. What styles are the most popular styles now. Round is always classic but I love oval too!

Questions like this boggle my mind, if you are wanting an ETERNITY band then get what you love not what is currently trendy. I love an oval band btw.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:28 pm
trixx wrote:
Questions like this boggle my mind, if you are wanting an ETERNITY band then get what you love not what is currently trendy. I love an oval band btw.

It shouldn’t boggle your mind ! I always love to know current styles! Either way I get to pick my own choice of ring to my liking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics