Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I hate New York City

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:27 pm
This is the city that has everything...except bathrooms. Walked around bit over an hour and a half and had to pee desperately. I offered to buy food in restaurants, I begged, pleaded, and cried. Finally stopped into a sort of mini police Station in Times Square and evening they didn’t let me use their bathroom. I know covid scares people off but when a lady cries to you that she’s in agony you are cruel not to let her use a toilet!! Writing this from the line at Bryant park bathroom . I can’t anymore

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:32 pm
Hug Hug
You're making my anxiety climb!!! I have such bathroom anxiety that you don't want to know what I do......

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:44 pm
I don't live in NY but places like McDonalds and Starbucks don't let you use their bathroom anymore?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I don't live in NY but places like McDonalds and Starbucks don't let you use their bathroom anymore?

Starbucks doesn't let use their bathroom.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:05 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

Nope. I tried two Starbucks and one McDonald’s

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:07 pm
Are the department stores closed? Macy’s?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:22 pm
My sister once had that happen and bought something at a restaurant so that she could use the bathroom.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My sister once had that happen and bought something at a restaurant so that she could use the bathroom.

That’s what I was going to say. Next time at Starbucks, buy something and they’ll give you the code. Hugs though op.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:34 pm
Its agony/painful to have to hold it in...which is why I cant drink close to my departure to and from work....but it's also hard not drinking when its hot.....

And, when I'm going to be out I have to limit my drinking because op, I do empathize, there are no bathrooms to use and I cant endure the pain...then again, not drinking is not good either...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:35 pm
southernbubby wrote:
of course I did. I ordered a soda and I said while I wait I need to use the bathroom. They didn’t let.

sequoia

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:35 pm
insanity

what happened to my city?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:36 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Not all Starbucks let use the bathroom even if you buy something.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 6:48 pm
That’s crazy!!!!
I don’t know if this helps but there’s a bathroom locator app: called “flush”

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 7:21 pm
I don't like being out and about without knowing in advance where the bathroom options are. It's waaaay harder with COVID. I fully sympathize and I hate having to think twice about heading out now. My husband just invited me to join him on a long walk and I literally didn't go for the sole reason that I just drank a ton of tea and don't want to deal with that.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 7:27 pm
Yup and imagine being 8 months pregnant and they still turn you away. No sympathy at all. Thats why I can barely go anywhere.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 7:31 pm
Op, I'm with you all the way!!! No advice just sympathy

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 8:30 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
That’s what I was going to say. Next time at Starbucks, buy something and they’ll give you the code. Hugs though op.

At Starbucks it isn’t about buying something or not.

Everything here in manhattan is closed. They aren’t taking any chances.

I feel for you op. I’m hating this as well. But the restrictions here are very real and COVID is very much still a reality among store owners and workers.. I also get frustrated at how rigorous they are but I guess it my new reality.

Today I hate NYC as well. I never thought I would say these words. But when the noise died down, the hardships of living here came to the forefront. And I saw what the bones of the city looked like when there wasn’t any hustle or bustle... just small apartment with zero quality of life

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 8:42 pm
I've had my share of bathroom troubles as well, both for myself and with my children.

For the future, department stores and hotels usually have public or semi public bathrooms. Also, if someone in a store tells you that you can't use their bathroom, play on their guilt for turning you away and ask where they would suggest you go. They usually know the area and can direct you better than you just trying every store.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:46 pm
One word, Depends...
Had a 9 inch episotomy 25 years ago and I still suffer from dropped bladder
Wherever I go I have to wear a diaper

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
At Starbucks it isn’t about buying something or not.

Everything here in manhattan is closed. They aren’t taking any chances.

I feel for you op. I’m hating this as well. But the restrictions here are very real and COVID is very much still a reality among store owners and workers.. I also get frustrated at how rigorous they are but I guess it my new reality.

Today I hate NYC as well. I never thought I would say these words. But when the noise died down, the hardships of living here came to the forefront. And I saw what the bones of the city looked like when there wasn’t any hustle or bustle... just small apartment with zero quality of life

Oh sorry 😐. That sucks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries