Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
How to repurpose lukshen kugel- update
1  2  Next

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:37 am
I made a regular lukshen kugel. For some reason it's too bland cuz of too little salt. What can I do to save it? It was supposed to be for y"t.

Last edited by tweety1 on Mon, Aug 31 2020, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:17 am
Invite guests to sprinkle salt on it?

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:20 am
watergirl wrote:
Invite guests to sprinkle salt on it?

If you have nothing smart to say don't say it

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:24 am
tweety1 wrote:
If you have nothing smart to say don't say it

That's rude. I was being very serious and this is something I actually do at my table when I realize something is missing salt. I tell my guests to please feel free to use the salt shaker. I'm sorry you do not think that is smart. I gave advice based on what I do myself.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:29 am
watergirl wrote:
That's rude. I was being very serious and this is something I actually do at my table when I realize something is missing salt. I tell my guests to please feel free to use the salt shaker. I'm sorry you do not think that is smart. I gave advice based on what I do myself.

So explain yourself. Your comment as is, is very insensitive.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:30 am
LOL
In tweety’s defense, I also thought you’re being sarcastic and saying she should invite guest to her house to add salt.
Once you replied that you were serious I understood you meant by “invite” that she can mention to her guest (whom she has over anyway) that it’s undersalted so they can feel free to add salt.

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:31 am
tweety1 wrote:
So explain yourself. Your comment as is, is very insensitive.

That must have been in how you read it. Tone of voice is impossible to read. I am sorry you were offended by my post, I did not in any way mean to be insensitive. I did not realize a dish missing salt needed sensitivity when someone is asking for cooking advice. I apologize. Good luck with your kugel.

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:33 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
LOL
In tweety’s defense, I also thought you’re being sarcastic and saying she should invite guest to her house to add salt.
Once you replied that you were serious I understood you meant by “invite” that she can mention to her guest (whom she has over anyway) that it’s undersalted so they can feel free to add salt.

Is that the issue? The misunderstanding of the word invite? Like many words, this word is used to mean different things. I thought the context I used it in was clear. I see now it was not.

Moving on...

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:34 am
If its a sweet kugel you can put a sweet topping on. For a savoury kugel maybe a gratin like topping. (breadcrumbs, herbs etc)

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:35 am
Let's move on with more ideas

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:36 am
watergirl wrote:
Is that the issue? The misunderstanding of the word invite? Like many words, this word is used to mean different things. I thought the context I used it in was clear. I see now it was not.

Moving on...

Im almost sure that she read invite wrong because I did too. (I found it funny though and wouldn’t call you rude for it. I appreciate humor. But it was totally unintentional here. Moving on too...)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:49 am
If it's savory, freeze. Then put in pan, put your favorite chicken leg recipe on top and bake.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:08 am
Pull the kugel apart into shreds, add salt if desired, and serve as a weekday side dish with chicken or meat, with or without sauce.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:13 am
I had no difficulty understanding watergirl’s meaning from the outset. Personally, I’m with her. I wouldn’t bother trying to “repurpose” a kugel but would just announce “the kugel has no salt, feel free to add your own.”

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:33 am
I had some wild idea. Wonder if it'll work. It's a round very high kugel. To split in 1/2. Sprinkle salt on it, and semi fry in the Betty crocker. I have 2. I guess I'll try it with one. Can't hurt cuz the way it is, I for sure can't use it. I'm gonna try it and will keep you posted.

happy chick

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:42 am
I have no good ideas to add. But , BTDT and it's very frustrating. I'm sorry. Kudos for being so organized. I'm still trying to pull myslef together for the beginning of school.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 11:43 am
zaq wrote:
I had no difficulty understanding watergirl’s meaning from the outset. Personally, I’m with her. I wouldn’t bother trying to “repurpose” a kugel but would just announce “the kugel has no salt, feel free to add your own.”

I did this with a noodle kugel that left out the oil. I thought it was supposed to be that way. It was fantastic under the chicken.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 6:08 am
I wonder if you could put it in a chulent like a potato kugel?

moonstone

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 7:12 am
zaq wrote:

Same here, I understood exactly what she meant. Don't understand how it could be considered offensive.

fiji

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 7:29 am
Put a sweet glaze or syrup on top before serving
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes