Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Expert near Lakewood/Tom’s River

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:56 pm
My 3 year old is incredibly verbal, seems to understand everything and it just totally against being trained. I need help! My other kids (even a preemie) were easier to train. I tried so many strategies already. Willing to hire someone to help me if you have experience with someone.

Thank you!

Fabulous

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 4:17 pm
Anyone?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 4:22 pm
Sorry I dont know anyone in that area but does he need to be trained for school this year? If not I would put on back burner and try again in a few months. Trying to train a kid who is not cooperating is extremely extremely difficult and can lead to withholding and constipation issues.

If he does need to be trained by this year there is a woman Samantha Allen who is currently doing phone sessions due to covid. She is pricy but amazing

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 1:28 pm
My 3 yr old DD was extremely verbal, very smart, ahead of her peers in many things, and also just did not want to be trained. She finally showed readiness last week and is just about fully trained now. (3 yrs 4 mos) The kids just have to be ready.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 9:40 pm
We made some breakthrough on shabbos but he does not seem to be aware at all when he has the urge. Is that normal? Like he will go if I put him on the toilet but if he has to go and I ask him, he says no and then will have an accident. How long does it take to recognize that sensation?

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:09 pm
Dairy and gluten intolerances can cause sensory disturbances leading kids to not feel their bowels and bladder properly.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:18 pm
He feels bowel, but not bladder it seems. How would I test for that?

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:25 pm
Fabulous wrote:
He feels bowel, but not bladder it seems. How would I test for that?
eliminate from diet and see if there’s an improvement

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:32 pm
I used pediatric urology associates in long branch. I think my daughter was five at the time. I can’t imagine they’d take a three year old because kids often don’t train until four. But you can ask.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:40 pm
Fabulous wrote:
We made some breakthrough on shabbos but he does not seem to be aware at all when he has the urge. Is that normal? Like he will go if I put him on the toilet but if he has to go and I ask him, he says no and then will have an accident. How long does it take to recognize that sensation?

In my experience and how I think these things work- keep putting him on the toilet at regular intervals till he learns what needing to go feels like. Actually great that he recognized #2. Some toddlers (I think more commonly boys) will not realize #1 till too late and need to have a strong habit of going to the bathroom at regular times- before leaving the house etc.

ddmom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 12:01 am
I once a read an old book called "toilet training in a day".
Basically the idea was to pick a day when you're available to be home all day and give your child loads of box drink, freeze pops and exciting drinks(soda, grape juice?) that he never gets to make him need the toilet as often as possible! Eventually kid understand what's going on! Try it!
Of course every time kid sit on the toilet he gets a small reward(winkie, chocolate chip) and every time they make get a bigger treat! With cheering!
It usually takes a little bit more time than a day but if kids is physically ready it works!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 12:05 am
ddmom wrote:
I once a read an old book called "toilet training in a day".
Basically the idea was to pick a day when you're available to be home all day and give your child loads of box drink, freeze pops and exciting drinks(soda, grape juice?) that he never gets to make him need the toilet as often as possible! Eventually kid understand what's going on! Try it!
Of course every time kid sit on the toilet he gets a small reward(winkie, chocolate chip) and every time they make get a bigger treat! With cheering!
It usually takes a little bit more time than a day but if kids is physically ready it works!

Yeah I did something similar but he is fine once he’s in the toilet but often will fight till he gets on (don’t know why, maybe because he wants to play or it makes him nervous). So I had a few times when right after I tried to take and he didn’t want (and I didn’t push) he had accidents

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 12:21 am
Fabulous wrote:
Yeah I did something similar but he is fine once he’s in the toilet but often will fight till he gets on (don’t know why, maybe because he wants to play or it makes him nervous). So I had a few times when right after I tried to take and he didn’t want (and I didn’t push) he had accidents
not all kids are ready at that age. Talk to the pediatrician and see what they say.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 12:35 am
Yeah, he didn’t turn 3 long ago. Have to make a well visit appointment soon and will discuss it then iyh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training