Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New cases in boro park
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 6:47 pm
I am getting very nervous. I have 6 neighbors who now have the covid19 virus. They're all early 60's. One of them is a definite repeater but the others didn't have the virus before. They are all home so far but feeling deathly sick. They were not at any weddings or really large affairs. However, They have definitely been mingling for weeks now, with no masks or sd at the local supermarkets and shuls.

I have been wearing a mask but am from a definite minority. I keep getting these strange looks...as if I'm from a different planet...

I'm not really bothered by that. But, I am really nervous I shouldn't expose my family to it. For them, it could be life threatening since they're immunocompromised. Why dont people realize that if they're careful with masks in a large gathering and sd now, they may avoid lots of issues later?!

Were 2 weeks to yom tov. Were a couple says away from schools reopening. Were hearing about more cases daily. It would be common sense to be a little cautious the next few weeks to try to contain the virus. At the very least, people who feel sick should stay home.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 7:04 pm
I really hope that masks become more mandatory than they are now. I wore it religiously for weeks in May until no one else was and it made no sense for me either. I hope it starts becoming more required. I'm nervous too.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 9:00 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I really hope that masks become more mandatory than they are now. I wore it religiously for weeks in May until no one else was and it made no sense for me either. I hope it starts becoming more required. I'm nervous too.

I agree - We need to protest so our Rabanim mandate masks. We need to say that's what we want. We need to make it know. We need to get Askanim and Hatzoloh to demand it!

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 9:21 pm
BP and other communities are idiotic .they suffered so badly in the spring and then foolishly thought it was all over. I was just there Thursday and my family and I were Among the only ones in a large supermarket wearing masks. The 5 page ‘article’ in Link arguing against mask wearing certainly doesn’t help anyone Their stupidity and ignorance is astounding to me

rikkik

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 9:44 pm
It's not a matter of requiring masks or not- right now it's about peer pressure. I feel just so weird and strange wearing my mask in boro park bec no one is. I went to a children's shoe store last week- totally crowded. Walked in wearing my mask. I looked around and saw I was the ONLY one wearing one. After 1 minute I felt so weird and took it off.
I wear one for the sake of others who may be vulnerable, even though I am not worried abt myself at all. I just get so upset when I walk into stores and masks are a no-show.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 9:57 pm
Are they confirmed covid?

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:02 pm
rikkik wrote:
It's not a matter of requiring masks or not- right now it's about peer pressure. I feel just so weird and strange wearing my mask in boro park bec no one is. I went to a children's shoe store last week- totally crowded. Walked in wearing my mask. I looked around and saw I was the ONLY one wearing one. After 1 minute I felt so weird and took it off.
I wear one for the sake of others who may be vulnerable, even though I am not worried abt myself at all. I just get so upset when I walk into stores and masks are a no-show.

I attended a wedding on Thursday. There were four if us with masks. I did not remove mine. I left right when chupa started because I felt there were too many people.
No need to remove masks just because you are only one.

rikkik

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:03 pm
I know. I need to be stronger. I just feel like ppl are looking at me, like I either have health issues, or am naive and dumb to still believe the media hype abt COVID.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:04 pm
Yeah, I went to got uniforms in Lakewood. I was one of the only ones wearing it properly and the place was packed. Many weren’t wearing at all or wearing on their necks etc.

cnc

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Are they confirmed covid?

There are confirmed symptomatic Covid cases in Boro Park .

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:12 pm
rikkik wrote:
I know. I need to be stronger. I just feel like ppl are looking at me, like I either have health issues, or am naive and dumb to still believe the media hype abt COVID.

You're not naive and dumb, you're protecting your life and the lives of those close to you.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:22 pm
rikkik wrote:

If you persist and wear one consistently, I bet you would help ten others (who really on the inside feel just like you) feel confident to wear one next time. Perhaps start a domino effect.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:30 pm
I live out of town, I have not seen anyone not wearing a mask anywhere at all.

I find NY area frum communities mind boggling!
We don't really have cases in our local community, but we all religiously wear masks and SD. Shul doesn't allow kids under Bar Mitzvah and everyone sits far from each other.

School is opening with masks only, SD and many safety protocols in place.

I don't get why NY/NJ frum communities think it's gone.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:33 pm
cnc wrote:
There are confirmed symptomatic Covid cases in Boro Park .

I know.
I meant op’s neighbors

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:37 pm
rikkik wrote:

Or an out of towner LOL
(I am actually an out of towner. When we visit my in laws in BP I'm usually the only one around wearing a mask, and feel like I stick out even more as not belonging )

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:39 pm
In the summer heat I have difficulty breathing when wearing a mask. It's a result of covid. My family got covid in March. I know there have been a few cases of reinfection. So when outdoors I do not wear my mask.

When I go into a store (which is cool) I put on the mask.

Not everyone who isn't wearing a mask is because they don't care. Some may have breathing issues and the mask can make it worse.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:44 pm
rikkik wrote:

So dont go to that store...
I went to Seasons Lakewood on Friday and only the non J workers were wearing masks
I walked right out..

wiki

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:51 pm
(To the out-of-towners who think the NYC-frum community is baffling:

Not all NY Jewish communities have forgotten about Covid safety. In Queens, my grocery store has 100% mask wearing. And today in shul there were 20 ladies--when one of them took off her mask, people asked that she put it right back on, and when she didn't want to, she was respectfully asked to leave. She put her mask on.)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:53 pm
Yes. These 6 neighbors are confirmed symptomatic covid cases. One of them ended up in hospital for a day but is back home.

The attitude I get from everyone is that if people are not dying, we do t have to bother being careful. I really dont get this. Do we have to wait for people to die? No one died 3 days after Purim. 3 weeks later, itbwas out of control. Cant we learn from the past? I'm not saying to stay home if you feel well. I'm saying wear a mask in crowded areas and stay home if you're sick. Shouldn't we be careful to stop the spread now? We have so much to lose if, God forbid, this gets out of control.....

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I agree - We need to protest so our Rabanim mandate masks. We need to say that's what we want. We need to make it know. We need to get Askanim and Hatzoloh to demand it!

Says who masks is the solution?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics