Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Are we done with those lunch give-outs from schools
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 10:49 pm
the girls schools start Thursday. Curious what will be. What about over yom Tovim. These boxes sure made the kids excited and were such a huge help. I wish some jewish group could continue it. It is helped thousands of young families who took advantage of it

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:25 pm
Yet

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
the girls schools start Thursday. Curious what will be. What about over yom Tovim. These boxes sure made the kids excited and were such a huge help. I wish some jewish group could continue it. It is helped thousands of young families who took advantage of it

It was in place of school lunches to ensure kids ate well at home, are you keeping kids home this fall?

Were you in need of help with food? There are organizations we can point you to

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:36 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
It was in place of school lunches to ensure kids ate well at home, are you keeping kids home this fall?

Were you in need of help with food? There are organizations we can point you to

Untrue. The boxes included weekends and school lunch does not.
The boxes included siblings. School lunches are on,y for kids in school.
Many people are reluctant to take tomchei shabbos for obvious reasons. No need to be snippy.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:41 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Many people are reluctant to take tomchei shabbos for obvious reasons. No need to be snippy.

Not snippy at all was sincerely asking if financial food aid was the intention so I can answer accurately.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:42 pm
I hope they continue but really don’t think they will.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Not snippy at all was sincerely asking if financial food aid was the intention so I can answer accurately.
Ok... the obvious answer is that yes op can apply for tomchei shabbos. Most people find tomchei shabbos slightly embarrassing while the food boxes are exciting. But you’re right that they’re the obvious answer ...

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

And yes it is true. Public schools in certain areas serve meals on the weekends for this purpose so the food programs during lockdown were modeled after that, that kids should have a nutritious meal daily.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 12:10 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
And yes it is true. Public schools in certain areas serve meals on the weekends for this purpose so the food programs during lockdown were modeled after that, that kids should have a nutritious meal daily.

Clearly, frum schools do not have such programs ordinarily, but they had them during the lockdown. It was a big relief for parents whose food budget is tight. Many people are going to feel the pinch, even if they're not at the level that they need Tomchei Shabbos.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 4:15 pm
Schools hav nothing in new York many frum schools serve breakfast in the morning when they arrive in school in the morning and find even kids from functioning home do better when they were served breakfast

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Schools hav nothing in new York many frum schools serve breakfast in the morning and find even kids from functioning home do better when they were served breakfast

It was a special program for during the pandemic. For us it wasn’t that helpful but I’m still grateful for it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 4:35 pm
Masbia, gives out food if you are in need and live in Brooklyn.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:07 pm
High school girls will be home for an indefinite amount of time- until all the girls in town have schools. I wonder if that will make a difference.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
High school girls will be home for an indefinite amount of time- until all the girls in town have schools. I wonder if that will make a difference.

This happens every single year.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:46 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

How long is the delay usually? New HS parent.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

What was nutritious about it? I'm not from NY, but I heard people were getting things like hot dogs, juice boxes, pizza, cakes, cookies. It seemed like over half the box was junk food or excess sugar (like juice).

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:41 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com.....gg8QU

Stay tuned.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 7:14 pm
This week is the last week for the public school box meaning this is the last week the boxes are being funded. Meaning that after this week theres no more boxes.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

I had heard that but it didn’t happen last year as far as I know

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 8:17 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
This week is the last week for the public school box meaning this is the last week the boxes are being funded. Meaning that after this week theres no more boxes.

It is ending for public schools bec school is starting and they are getting food on school.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries