Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I'm so fed up!!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
The difference between covid school closures and vaccines, is that a parent makes a choice regarding vaccines which results in the kids not being accepted to school. It's the parents choice and this is the consequence. But no one is being given a choice regarding Covid school closures. It's not our decision and there's nothing we can do about it.

Consequences. Oh the irony. Rav Eliyahu Brog successor of Rav Avigdor Miller said that Covid is Midah keneged Midah for the way that the unvaccinated were treated last year. While I'm normally very uncomfortable when Rabbanim point out a reason for tragedies (especially so blatantly) this one is right on the nail. From the exact timing of outbreaks to the events cancelled to no one in shul over Pesach. There are consequences. This is an exact repeat of what happened last year.

As a preface: None of my children are unvaccinated. This is not to debate vaccines please don't comment here on "safety or efficiecy"... I am a limudei Kodesh teacher and my heart is in pieces because of the way my students were treated last year and by the fact that no one has corrected what happened. An entire year went by and I cannot fathom another. Their life force is gone, these girls are hollow. I cannot speak for the parents. I don't know what is correct. The fact that these girls can be in public schools but not Frum shows that this is unreasonable.

I want people to have a heart. Stop judging parents. Stop persecuting children. Open back up school for them and in that merit may Covid be finished and never to be heard from again.

I'm just so fed up with these kinds of heartless remarks. Show your humanity.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:25 pm
Its nice to know someone cares.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Its nice to know someone cares.

May this galus of yours end very soon.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:32 pm
If you’re not normally comfortable when rabbis give reasons for events happening (which they shouldn’t, Bh the way, because none of them actually know) then you can’t say “but this time it’s right” because it works to your advantage. It may be midda kineged midda, but it may not. I honestly don’t believe that God would kill thousands of people just to stick it to those who were vocal against antivaxers.

Mothers

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Consequences. Oh the irony. Rav Eliyahu Brog successor of Rav Avigdor Miller said that Covid is Midah keneged Midah for the way that the unvaccinated were treated last year. While I'm normally very uncomfortable when Rabbanim point out a reason for tragedies (especially so blatantly) this one is right on the nail. From the exact timing of outbreaks to the events cancelled to no one in shul over Pesach. There are consequences. This is an exact repeat of what happened last year.

As a preface: None of my children are unvaccinated. This is not to debate vaccines please don't comment here on "safety or efficiecy"... I am a limudei Kodesh teacher and my heart is in pieces because of the way my students were treated last year and by the fact that no one has corrected what happened. An entire year went by and I cannot fathom another. Their life force is gone, these girls are hollow. I cannot speak for the parents. I don't know what is correct. The fact that these girls can be in public schools but not Frum shows that this is unreasonable.

I want people to have a heart. Stop judging parents. Stop persecuting children. Open back up school for them and in that merit may Covid be finished and never to be heard from again.

I'm just so fed up with these kinds of heartless remarks. Show your humanity.

Unvaccinated children can be in public schools?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:39 pm
It’s annoying when posters who are clearly antivaxxers try to convince us that they are not antivaxxers.

essie14

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
It’s annoying when posters who are clearly antivaxxers try to convince us that they are not antivaxxers.

Also annoying when they sneak their posts into other forums.

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:44 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
If you’re not normally comfortable when rabbis give reasons for events happening (which they shouldn’t, Bh the way, because none of them actually know) then you can’t say “but this time it’s right” because it works to your advantage. It may be midda kineged midda, but it may not. I honestly don’t believe that God would kill thousands of people just to stick it to those who were vocal against antivaxers.

I also don't understand the message that a disease that is killing millions of people worldwide, to which the entire world eagerly awaits a vaccine for, is telling us that we should allow everyone to be unvaccinated.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:46 pm
Mothers wrote:

In many states, children who are not vaccinated can be in public schools with a religious exemption, yet the religious schools in those same states are refusing to accept children who are not vaccinated with religious exemptions.

newcomer

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:46 pm
essie14 wrote:
Also annoying when they sneak their posts into other forums.

I think by this point so many posters have blocked the vaxxing threads. So they don't get much of a response otherwise! And since vaxxing posts are almost always anon, I really wouldn't be surprised if it is the same handful of posters only.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:47 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

He might be right he might not. You are right about that. Vocal is not the issue. Actions speak louder than words.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:48 pm
Mothers wrote:

In many states.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
In many states, children who are not vaccinated can be in public schools with a religious exemption, yet the religious schools in those same states are refusing to accept children who are not vaccinated with religious exemptions.

Because this has nothing to do with religion. You lied that it did and eventually the state caught on.

amother
OP

imorethanamother wrote:
I also don't understand the message that a disease that is killing millions of people worldwide, to which the entire world eagerly awaits a vaccine for, is telling us that we should allow everyone to be unvaccinated.

The very same faculty of my school that has treated these children terribly and without mercy have very outspokenly said how hesitant they are about the new one. It's such hypocrisy. I'm fuming. These children deserve better.

amother
Cyan

amother [ OP ] wrote:
In many states.

How do you even know if you vaccinate your kids?????

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:55 pm
newcomer wrote:
I think by this point so many posters have blocked the vaxxing threads. So they don't get much of a response otherwise! And since vaxxing posts are almost always anon, I really wouldn't be surprised if it is the same handful of posters only.

I really don't want to give up my screen name right now. I talk to everyone in real life about this advocating for these children. I'm starting a program for them online and doing my best but I'm praying I close down because they all are welcomed back.

turca

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The very same faculty of my school that has treated these children terribly and without mercy have very outspokenly said how hesitant they are about the new one. It's such hypocrisy. I'm fuming. These children deserve better.

Open your own school and your problem is solved!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:59 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
How do you even know if you vaccinate your kids?????

Because I live in such a state. There isn't even a religious exemption here it's a different one. I'm only aware of two states NY and CA that it's the law. There might be more I don't know. I'm clearly not taking about those two states but Jews can live out of town.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 10:00 pm
turca wrote:
Open your own school and your problem is solved!

They are such a minority there's no way to do that.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He might be right he might not. You are right about that. Vocal is not the issue. Actions speak louder than words.

My opinion still stands, I don’t think God would punish thousands of people around the entire world for the treatment of children they knew nothing about.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics