Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I'm so fed up!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:37 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
But that’s not the way your OP or the following comments sound. You make it sound at though this time you are ok with it, because this rabbi hit the nail on the head. That was the whole premise of your OP....

My OP is about advocating for these kids. I found truth to what the Rav said but also mentioned that I'm uncomfortable with these kinds of things. Really stop nitpicking the situation. What will you do for the children?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I seriously doubt this to be the case in the school I teach in. It's mind boggling to see how everyone is pushing this black and white scenario when there is clearly a lot of gray. Please there should be a way to work around it.

Huh? No one was talking g about in your school. Someone posted about a playgroup, and that’s what we were responding to.

ora_43

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:40 am
"Anti-vaxxers have a personal belief that vaccines aren't helpful. It's so unfair that people think we're selfish people who insist on endangering others, and think we're the center of the universe.

"Also, I believe that G-d Himself smote millions of people as a punishment for not allowing us to endanger others. A worldwide pandemic in response to school policy in Brooklyn sounds like a proportionate response, given how incredibly important we are."

You sure are making a point here, OP! I'm just not sure it's the point you were going for.

(#notallantivaxxers - some are perfectly nice people who are just misinformed)

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My OP is about advocating for these kids. I found truth to what the Rav said but also mentioned that I'm uncomfortable with these kinds of things. Really stop nitpicking the situation. What will you do for the children?

I’m not nitpicking anything. I am homeschooling my child this year because I am not happy with the system. Would you like to further personally attack me because you don’t like the things I’m pointing out?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:44 am
I'm so fed up so many posts with such opposition. Are you really so careless? These children are suffering. For NO REASON. My sixth graders had the same medical records as in third grade. Things blew up way out of proportion and it needs to be corrected. I'm so distraught over the apathy I'm seeing here.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:47 am
ora_43 wrote:
"Anti-vaxxers have a personal belief that vaccines aren't helpful. It's so unfair that people think we're selfish people who insist on endangering others, and think we're the center of the universe.

"Also, I believe that G-d Himself smote millions of people as a punishment for not allowing us to endanger others. A worldwide pandemic in response to school policy in Brooklyn sounds like a proportionate response, given how incredibly important we are."

You sure are making a point here, OP! I'm just not sure it's the point you were going for.

(#notallantivaxxers - some are perfectly nice people who are just misinformed)

Rude.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:49 am
It's a little hard for me to accept that the entire world suffered because a few American Orthodox schools rejected kids or that we all didn't fight for the right in Albany for kids to have religious exemption. Somehow I think that Hashem has bigger fish to fry and that if pandemics are a punishment I would have looked for a more universal reason. I wonder why the majority of rabbonim don't jump on the bandwagon if this is so clearly the reason for Hashem's wrath. There are loads of Chassidishe Rebbes and Litvish poskim. Do they support Rabbi Brog's conclusion? What is the position of Agudas Yisroel, the Orthodox Union, and other large rabbinic groups?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:53 am
So far I haven't read a good excuse for the apathy about the situation. What changed last year that justifies the actions that you are sooo ok with this?? It's mind boggling.

ETA we have a responsibility as a frum community to educate all Jewish children!!

top mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 2:10 am
Why are you so concerned for these children?
I understand that they're suffering, but all they have to do is vaccinate, and voila, they're back in school!
If they have medical reasons for not vaccinating, well, I hope they can work around it, like some previous posters mentioned doing.
If their "excuse" is religious exception, then they must be practicing a different religion than the rest of imamother, because I literally can't think of a single thing in the Torah that remotely forbids vaccinating!
These children are suffering because of their parents' stubbornness! Yes, I feel sorry for them, but I feel even sorrier for the immunocompromised children who can c"v get sick because of them! Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

ora_43

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 2:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rude.

Hypocrite.

You just suggested that over 800,000 people died because someone hurt your feelings. Have you ever lost someone? How would you feel if I said "oh yeah, I'm pretty sure your grandfather died of a heart attack because someone cut me off in traffic"?

Your post is so far over the line that separates rude from polite that you can't even see it anymore.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 3:50 am
How about that my dc was home last year for 10 months because dc's school "did" accept the unvaccinated kids & didn't kick them out because they didn't want to fight with their parents to comply to regulations. My dc is immunocompromised due to cancer treatments. When doctor gave us the go ahead to return to school, after being months home, the measles outbreak broke out & after returning for half a day, after months home, dc was back home, for the next couple of months, because of those kids in dc's class who refused to vaccinate.

My child was home for 16 months first due to illness & low immunity following. Then returned to school for couple of months, was home again for half a year due to illness & low immunity & then next couple of months because of "measles outbreak", when was just given the ok to return to school.

My neighbors who didn't vaccinate,sent their children, to play in front of my door, so my dc not only couldn't go to school but not even step out front door.

Because those children who were kicked out or whoever was sick didn't quarantine, my dc needed to. Couldn't go to stores, parks, street, because they were all roaming the streets.

Shul couldn't either go, because same kids from class were there, even if our rabbi gave directives to vaccinate.

After 2 months of being locked into home, due to outbreak, ( following 6 mos home due to illness) finally we found a place we can go, to bubby.
Guess what? Family that doesn't vax, went even if they saw bubby 2 days earlier & got their Chanuka gifts, and they didn't want to back down, when we wanted to go. My dc was so excited, but was crying buckets & couldn't calm down, when we had to change plans.

Whose blood is holier?

Who were the stubborn ones, who weren't considerate?

The same kids & adults were davaning for my child's refuah, but weren't being considerate later on.

top mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 3:59 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
How about that my dc was home last year for 10 months because dc's school "did" accept the unvaccinated kids & didn't kick them out because they didn't want to fight with their parents to comply to regulations. My dc is immunocompromised due to cancer treatments. When doctor gave us the go ahead to return to school, after being months home, the measles outbreak broke out & after returning for half a day, after months home, dc was back home, for the next couple of months, because of those kids in dc's class who refused to vaccinate.

My child was home for 16 months first due to illness & low immunity following. Then returned to school for couple of months, was home again for half a year due to illness & low immunity & then next couple of months because of "measles outbreak", when was just given the ok to return to school.

My neighbors who didn't vaccinate,sent their children, to play in front of my door, so my dc not only couldn't go to school but not even step out front door.

Whose blood is holier?

This is so sad 😥

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:00 am
I think we can settle this once and for all.

Everyone who refuses to wear a mask, social distance, or vaccinate should move to their own island. You do not have the right to endanger the rest of us.

When there is a vaccine for Covid, I will be the first one in line.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rav Eliyahu Brog successor of Rav Avigdor Miller said that Covid is Midah keneged Midah for ...

Hmm

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:12 am
I heard from different rabbi Corona is result of talking in shul by davening....and that's why shuls closed down

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:32 am
This thread should be moved to vaccinations forum. I personally don’t care about these threads and it’s annoying and misleading to find out that this is the talk of the topic.
[I moved it. Please ladies, report posts when they need to be moved. Don’t just comment. I think three people on page one said the same thing. Call these things to the mod’s attention by reporting. Thanks! -mod]

Last edited by SuperWify on Mon, Aug 31 2020, 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Rappel

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So far I haven't read a good excuse for the apathy about the situation. What changed last year that justifies the actions that you are sooo ok with this?? It's mind boggling.

ETA we have a responsibility as a frum community to educate all Jewish children!!

You're right. And the same Torah recommends ונשמרתם מאוד את נפשותיכם - which includes using medicine, including vaccines.

Nothing has changed, other than a correction of a massive breech in our efforts to protect our health. There should never have been a religious vaccine exemption, only a medical one for those whose immune systems don't respond as they should.

Now Jewish institutions are treating students correctly, and it's up to the parents to shoulder responsibility for their children's health. If the schools could distribute medicine like they give food, then I'm sure they would. But until that's legal, the schools' hands are tied.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:45 am
Previous threads with the same idea but of course everyone should have the same argument again.

Is this the message we're supposed to get?
This should make everyone stop and think
Long-Overdue Introspection

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 7:07 am
SuperWify wrote:
This thread should be moved to vaccinations forum. I personally don’t care about these threads and it’s annoying and misleading to find out that this is the talk of the topic.
[I moved it. Please ladies, report posts when they need to be moved. Don’t just comment. I think three people on page one said the same thing. Call these things to the mod’s attention by reporting. Thanks! -mod]

Thank you, Mod. 100% correct.

It’s just annoying how op is trying to trick me into reading this thread about an issue that I really don’t have headspace for.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 7:08 am
Such a difference.

I only wish there were a safe lifelong immunity vaccination for covid as there is for measles.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics