Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Flight from Israel to Abu Dhabi
Previous  1  2

BadTichelDay

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:26 pm
It's very low on my must-visit list. My sister (who is not a citizen of Israel) has been there and said it's extremely luxurious, glamorous and glitzy - but that's not really my thing. Though I do see why others might like it.
Let's hope the whole thing is worth it for Israel, in terms of Middle Eastern politics.
If I had the money and the time, I'd rather go and see Japan, India, Russia, Greenland (seriously!)...

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:42 pm
Want to clarify I've been there for business not pleasure, but I have taken my kids before.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:43 pm
nchr wrote:
Why wouldn't someone take the flight? No one is going to shoot it down and this is opening a lot of doors. I've been go Abu Dhabi and other parts of the UAE several times, and yes, you need to decompartmentalize a lot, but there is a lot of opportunity there. (I'm American)

Really!?

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:44 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Really!?

Yes, really, but I don't know which portion of my comment you were referring to.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:48 pm
Idk. I guess I picture you a certain way, and going to UAE didn't fit that imaginary picture.
Although truthfully I weighs probably be surprised at any ima traveling there. Like, why?

You said for busines.
I guess I'm very far removed from that world. I'm a plain old teacher. Wink

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Idk. I guess I picture you a certain way, and going to UAE didn't fit that imaginary picture.
Although truthfully I weighs probably be surprised at any ima traveling there. Like, why?

You said for busines.
I guess I'm very far removed from that world. I'm a plain old teacher. Wink

You probably picture me like how my neighbors, who do not know what I do or where I travel, see me. So your picture may not be so off. Yeah, I wouldn't travel if not for business because I'm not particularly interested really.

etky

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 2:17 pm
It actually does interest me to see it. I would do like a day trip if I could - just to get the vibe of the place from a human interest point of view. I have no desire to vacation there though.
If, say I were flying to the Far East on Emirates, I would do a 1 day stopover just to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm not opposed per se to the normalization (please let's not romancize it by calling it 'peace') that has taken place, as I realize that there are economic and geopolitical benefits to be had from the agreements. Still, overall, my view of the UAE is quite negative for all the reasons that other posters have mentioned.

I also can't get over the fact that sovereignty over the heartland of the Jewish nation was passed over in favor of a relationship with this plastic, artificial 'country'. Yes, I know that sovereignty had become a non-starter b/c the US and then Bibi got cold feet but still. I can't bear the media and popular glee with which this new relationship is being greeted.

nechami1

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 3:27 pm
I would go to see the landscape and desert views, and the sand dunes etc..and the man made lagoons...and just to take in all that fakery...but really I prefer old architecture to new glitz and glam

Zeleze

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:15 am
just Smilling, makes the tension in the political world with the Middle Eastern countries a little less tense

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:50 am
women only gym and salon should be findable outside, I know some
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions