Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Locations of positive cases
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9 10  11  12  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Personally when I say more mild I mean not on ventilators or hospitalization. Ppl are really ill for a few days. Hatzalah is bringing a few ppl oxygen but no where close to the levels they were before. It used to be for every 10 ppl I knew who had it 1 was in the hospital. I now know tens of ppl with it and no one on oxygen or in hospital including ppl in their 60s and with existing conditions. They are sick in bed 2-5 days and then recover on own.

I know more than one person in the ICU (including one to whom they have added a name). Please daven for Chaim Nachman ben Mindel. (Caught it a few weeks ago at a wedding.)

Goldie613

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 7:12 pm
There is a thread keeping track of Flatbush and Boro Park schools that are in quarantine - might be helpful for the list you are creating on this thread =

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....03672

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:54 am
Just left my doctor brooklyn has 30% positive rate, far rockaway is up to 4.5% (which is also high)

Mothers

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Just left my doctor brooklyn has 30% positive rate, far rockaway is up to 4.5% (which is also high)

Do you really mean 30% positive for Brooklyn, or was that a typo?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:11 am
From hefkervelt
NJ State officials are concerned over a sudden spike in new COVID-19 cases in Monmouth and Ocean counties and are deploying more contact tracers to help track the spread. The two counties have the most new cases in the state, Department of Health Commissioner Judy Persichelli said on Friday. NJ Department of Health's lead epidemiologist, "very concerned about the increase in Ocean County." The state health department reported the two counties had 736 new cases in the last week not including Friday.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:18 am
Mothers wrote:
That was no typo, 30, almost a third. Keep in mind this does not include all the sick people that are not testing. Also dr said they just opened up two new icu rooms in Ny. People Stay safe. I’ve heard NJ was worse

keym

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:22 am
That was no typo, 30, almost a third. Keep in mind this does not include all the sick people that are not testing. I’ve heard no was worse. Also dr said they just opened up two new icu rooms in Ny. People Stay safe

So 30% of those tested test positive?
30% of the population test positive?
30% of this dr's patients test positive?

30% of what?
Context matters.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:24 am
keym wrote:

30% of what?
Context matters.

Rockland County is at almost a 10% positivity rate, but not rolling average. It has to be a rolling average to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The positivity rate is likely rising because people are testing who are sick as opposed to testing to just go to school or work although some jobs require it.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:25 am
keym wrote:

30% of what?
Context matters.
30% of the brooklyn community that tested. Not necessarily the whole city, and not the whole population. Just those who tested in the community. Don’t know what percent of the community tested.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:37 am
I do know many people personally in bp who are positive and symptomatic at this time, unfortunately. I also know quite a few fam with kids who are not feeling well, have covid specific symptoms such as loss of smell but their drs dont want to test them. So I have to agree theres definitely an uptick here. However, 30% sounds really high. I haven't heard anyone in govt commenting about this new percentage. Didn't they threaten to close schools at 9%?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I do know many people personally in bp who are positive and symptomatic at this time, unfortunately. I also know quite a few fam with kids who are not feeling well, have covid specific symptoms such as loss of smell but their drs dont want to test them. So I have to agree theres definitely an uptick here. However, 30% sounds really high. I haven't heard anyone in govt commenting about this new percentage. Didn't they threaten to close schools at 9%?
. The city is not 30% , just our brooklyn community. I was in the room as he read the notice so it must be new situation. Coumo doesn’t know what percentage we are testing, he only know the positivity rate as a whole

ChanieMommy

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:50 am
Mothers wrote:

They mean 30% of tests done come back positive at one specific doctor's office. That's possible.

They don't mean 30% of population infected... that was not even the case in March/April...

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:55 am
. The city is not 30% , just our brooklyn community. I was in the room as he read the notice so it must be new situation. Coumo doesn’t know what percentage we are testing, he only know the positivity rate as a whole

So if 10 ppl tested 30% would 3 ppl had positives. More context is needed.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:16 am
So if the whole city is below 1% and a Brooklyn neighborhood is at 30%, this rings no bells to anyone in govt? And, btw, Cuomo does get testing and results by zip codes so he should have noticed such a drastic uptick

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:17 am
Which neighborhood is this?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So if the whole city is below 1% and a Brooklyn neighborhood is at 30%, this rings no bells to anyone in govt? And, btw, Cuomo does get testing and results by zip codes so he should have noticed such a drastic uptick

30% of those TESTED. At ONE doctor's office.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:24 am
Which proves my point even more - if 30% of those tested are positive in one neighborhood, in comparison to NYC- where less than 1% are testing positive, why is no one in govt aware?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:25 am
ChanieMommy wrote:
They mean 30% of tests done come back positive at one specific doctor's office. That's possible.

They don't mean 30% of population infected... that was not even the case in March/April...
correct, 3 of 10 people who tested.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which proves my point even more - if 30% of those tested are positive in one neighborhood, in comparison to NYC- where less than 1% are testing positive, why is no one in govt aware?

Trust me, it'll be in the news and in Cuomo's and di blasio's updates. And Jews will just stop testing, so the schools can stay open.
It looks like some big stupid game, with no winners at the very end.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:34 am
I just got a robocall that there has been an uptick in cases in my neighborhood.

They've noticed.

Williiamsburg zip code.
Page 9 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 8  9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics