Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Locations of positive cases
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 1:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you mean by in- person? Someone actually comes down to your house and knocks on your door? This happens in Brooklyn? I haven't heard that from anyone. Anyone here that happen to?

Yes. Someone comes down to check on you. That’s if you test positive and you have mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 1:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From the posts here, it doesn't seem like theres currently too many cases
This is a website. This is not the greater outside world. You cant base any reality with numbers and cases based on anything you will get answers to here.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 4:59 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
So first of all, once you test positive (nyc) they check up on you via phone and in-person. That leads people to avoid testing.
That being said, I know of 2 people in Williamsburg who have tested positive this week.

I don’t understand. They test positive and don’t tell anyone because they want to be out and about and infecting others?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:13 am
So first of all, once you test positive (nyc) they check up on you via phone and in-person. That leads people to avoid testing.
That being said, I know of 2 people in Williamsburg who have tested positive this week.

That did not happen to me when I tested positive.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:16 am

Do you really know anyone this happened to?

In Lakewood along central ave corridor a few cases.
There were 3 weddings last week with positive family members. (Precautions were taken)

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:40 am
Did they take precautions because of the positive family members or just because. people tend to take more serious precautions when they feel the threat is imminent, vs just theoretically someone could have covid.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:48 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Did they take precautions because of the positive family members or just because. people tend to take more serious precautions when they feel the threat is imminent, vs just theoretically someone could have covid.

Precautions were to protect guests.
Meal and chuppah outside.
Dancing only allowed if you have antibodies. Security checking and asking and only allowing inside if you have antibodies.
Infected family members remaining in cars outside hall.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:53 am

This post is why people can claim there are "no cases" now and that there have been "no cases since Pesach, and we have moved on and life as normal since pesach". People are simply not getting tested. OK so there are BH no more hatzalah cars zooming down the streets. That does not mean there are no new cases.

And if the above is or is not true, this post will scare people from getting tested in any case. Which is pathetic.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:55 am
I know 1 positive in Baltimore, kid who came back from camp w it

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:04 am
watergirl wrote:
This post is why people can claim there are "no cases" now and that there have been "no cases since Pesach, and we have moved on and life as normal since pesach". People are simply not getting tested. OK so there are BH no more hatzalah cars zooming down the streets. That does not mean there are no new cases.

And if the above is or is not true, this post will scare people from getting tested in any case. Which is pathetic.
hatzalah is taking people to the hospital now, more and more. it starts slow, and it gets to be like march of no precautions are taken.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:07 am
rs06085748 wrote:
hatzalah is taking people to the hospital now, more and more. it starts slow, and it gets to be like march of no precautions are taken.

It is very scary to see people thumbing their noses at all of this because "COVID is over here" and then this...

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:19 am
watergirl wrote:
It is very scary to see people thumbing their noses at all of this because "COVID is over here" and then this...
it was " over" during the summer because there were zero cases. zero time a million os still zero. now due to travel people have brought covid back into our communities. and you know how yiden are all connected to each other by like a third degree. play jewish geography. covid can grow exponentialy from just one case.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:24 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
it was " over" during the summer because there were zero cases. zero time a million os still zero. now due to travel people have brought covid back into our communities. and you know how yiden are all connected to each other by like a third degree. play jewish geography. covid can grow exponentialy from just one case.

Zero reported cases.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:28 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Dancing only allowed if you have antibodies. Security checking and asking and only allowing inside if you have antibodies.

This sounds so strange to me.

Why are known infected people roaming around anywhere?
Why aren't they in isolation until they are negative?

Did the positive people drive there alone, or in a car with non-infected people?

You say there was dancing only for people with antibodies -- what about people who never had it? Were they not invited?
How did the security guards know who had antibodies?

Last edited by DrMom on Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:33 am

Umm what???
Why are infected people leaving their houses?? What about the rest of the family who was has been in contact with those are infected??
These people are rodfim!!
And then these same people blame politicians when their schools and shuls need to close Banging head
WAKE UP PEOPLE, THE ONES TO BLAME ARE IN YOUR BACKYARD

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:38 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Umm what???
Why are infected people leaving their houses?? What about the rest of the family who was has been in contact with those are infected??
These people are rodfim!!
And then these same people blame politicians when their schools and shuls need to close Banging head
WAKE UP PEOPLE, THE ONES TO BLAME ARE IN YOUR BACKYARD

I know at least one wedding were there was security allowing ppl to enter the buildingthe entire family had tested positive for antibodies except this one young Adult.
The guests were informed. No one was hiding it.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:40 am
DrMom wrote:
This sounds so strange to me.

Why are known infected people roaming around anywhere?
Why aren't they in isolation until they are negative?

Did the positive people drive there alone, or in a car with non-infected people?

You say there was dancing only for people with antibodies -- what about people who never had it? Were they not invited?
How did the security guards know who had antibodies?

All guests were told and pretty much uninvited the day if the wedding. The times were even changed.
We could’ve attended the outdoor chuppa.
It was a good friend of DH but we didn’t attend bec we don’t gave antibodies.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:42 am
I heard of a few cases in the five towns.
There are definitely cases in Flatbush.
Last week I took my 2 year old to the local pa (in Flatbush) and he tested for covid. I asked him if he is still seeing cases of it. He nonchalantly said "sure, plenty"...
Bh my toddler was negative

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:43 am

The guests were informed. No one was hiding it.

So the stupid guests didn't care.
That doesn't make it any better.
Now you have hundreds of people potentially going round and infecting others.
How cavalier can you all be?
Since when is venishmartem and pikuach nefesh no longer a 'thing'??

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
So the stupid guests didn't care.
That doesn't make it any better.
Now you have hundreds of people potentially going round and infecting others.
How cavalier can you all be?
Since when is venishmartem and pikuach nefesh no longer a 'thing'??

There weren’t 100s of guests. They weren’t regular weddings in the end. Like I said we didn’t attend as did many ppl I know.

But I do agree ppl are being way to cavalier. Shul is becoming a problem, men mikvah. Ppl who are high risk must now.
Page 2 of 12   Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next Recent Topics