Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Locations of positive cases
  Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
All guests were told and pretty much uninvited the day if the wedding. The times were even changed.
We could’ve attended the outdoor chuppa.
It was a good friend of DH but we didn’t attend bec we don’t gave antibodies.

What does this mean, and how does it address my questions?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:33 pm
Bumping this up because I'd like more info on where there are cases, and how many.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Bumping this up because I'd like more info on where there are cases, and how many.

Just heard of 2 in Lakewood.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:45 pm
Personally know 9 cases in Lakewood and 3 in Passaic.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:49 pm
My SIL is a florist and she just had an aufruf and wedding cancellation that was supposed to take place next week because at least 20 of the kallahs friends have Covid. Not sure where the kallah lives but I am assuming Brooklyn or the Five Towns as that’s where she does her business. I guess they are concerned about the kallah herself. Not sure.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:51 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
New case in lakewood today.
williamsburg guy in 50s critical condition at Mt. Sinai.

Yikes! who's that?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:27 am
There are multiple cases in 5 Towns and Far Rockaway.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:30 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Do you really know anyone this happened to?

In Lakewood along central ave corridor a few cases.
There were 3 weddings last week with positive family members. (Precautions were taken)

Yes, 2 of my family members (not from same household)

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:32 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I don’t understand. They test positive and don’t tell anyone because they want to be out and about and infecting others?

I wouldnt go so far as to say they intentionally infect others. More so that if people think they came in contact with someone who tested positive and or have symptoms, they’ll voluntarily quarantine or be extra careful but avoid getting tested.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:43 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I wouldnt go so far as to say they intentionally infect others. More so that if people think they came in contact with someone who tested positive and or have symptoms, they'll voluntarily quarantine or be extra careful but avoid getting tested.

Right.

And keep their kids home from school, and stay home from work, and not leave the house even for groceries.

Right.

Because people have shown they are so good at voluntarily doing anything for the greater good.

I personally know someone who tested positive and is walking around with zero precautions. His family only thought to inform me (complex reason) because they heard "you still wear a mask so you might want to know."

Banging head Banging head

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 1:00 am
As others have said, there are cases in far Rockaway and the 5T. I personally know one person in FR who is in the hospital since last week, and two people in Bayswater who tested positive but took the hcq zinc and z pack combo, and they are both doing much better, BH.
We have a niece who tested positive (she needed to get tested for school) but then tested negative, and we have a cousin who has a daughter who tested positive (also for school)

Mameh Shaineh

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:51 am
Thanks to all those responding and sharing info.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 1:04 pm
BH it doesnt seem to be widespread in williamsburg. it's 3 weeks since the mini-wave and there haven't been any new reported cases that I know of.

Mameh Shaineh

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 2:43 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
BH it doesnt seem to be widespread in williamsburg. it's 3 weeks since the mini-wave and there haven't been any new reported cases that I know of.

Someone commented yesterday that she knows of 2 people in Williamsburg who have tested positive this week.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
As others have said, there are cases in far Rockaway and the 5T. I personally know one person in FR who is in the hospital since last week, and two people in Bayswater who tested positive but took the hcq zinc and z pack combo, and they are both doing much better, BH.
We have a niece who tested positive (she needed to get tested for school) but then tested negative, and we have a cousin who has a daughter who tested positive (also for school)

Where does one get this? My doctor doesn't believe it works.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 2:48 pm
I heard from a couple of rabbanim in the 5 towns community there are close to 100 new cases, majority linked to Simchas.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I heard from a couple of rabbanim in the 5 towns community there are close to 100 new cases, majority linked to Simchas.

Someone told me that TAG (and maybe other 5T schools) have a policy that anyone who goes to a simcha can't come to school for 8 days. Is this true, and does anyone have any more info?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 3:26 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:

Where does one get this? My doctor doesn't believe it works.

I don’t know....I can ask them where they got it

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 3:31 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Someone told me that TAG (and maybe other 5T schools) have a policy that anyone who goes to a simcha can't come to school for 8 days. Is this true, and does anyone have any more info?

I just asked in my local chat, a TAG mom responded that that is the policy, and someone else said that is the policy in many of the local schools (I asked which ones, I’ll edit when I get a response) if you don’t have antibodies.

EDIT: this is the policy in Darchei as well, and BBY also has some sort of policy

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I just asked in my local chat, a TAG mom responded that that is the policy, and someone else said that is the policy in many of the local schools (I asked which ones, I’ll edit when I get a response) if you don’t have antibodies.

EDIT: this is the policy in Darchei as well, and BBY also has some sort of policy

So people will just start lying about going to simchas. Can't Believe It

If they don't care about anyone else's health already, why would they suddenly want to become honest, if it meant that they would be inconvenienced?
Page 3 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics