Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lkwd doctors warn about the lack of COVID precautions
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:05 pm
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

Simple1

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:07 pm
Not sure why you use the word protest. Sounds like they're warning the community to be careful, based on what's going on now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:09 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Not sure why you use the word protest. Sounds like they're warning the community to be careful, based on what's going on now.

Was trying to find a title that fit the character requirements. I changed it.

Simple1

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Was trying to find a title that fit the character requirements. I changed it.

Looks good, didn't mean to nitpick. But it is unclear what their stance on precautions was until now and if they're protesting what was. Or if like I understood - it's a new warning.

Last edited by Simple1 on Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:24 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Looks good, didn't mean to nitpick. But it is unclear what their stance on precautions was until now and if they're protesting what was. Or if it's like I understood - it's a new warning.

Whatever the cause for the article, it’s good information. I’d rather we be careful now and not have to shut down in a month.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whatever the cause for the article, it’s good information. I’d rather we be careful now and not have to shut down in a month.

Then you need Rabanim to mandate it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:29 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Then you need Rabanim to mandate it.

These doctors who have been here since 1985 or whatever, are just the people to go to the Rabbanim to plead this exact case.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
These doctors who have been here since 1985 or whatever, are just the people to go to the Rabbanim to plead this exact case.

So ask them to please do it. Nothing will ever be done in our communities unless Dayanim and Rabanim demand it - then everyone will do it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:35 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
So ask them to please do it. Nothing will ever be done in our communities unless Dayanim and Rabanim demand it - then everyone will do it.

I would love to honestly. But I’m a nobody.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 5:37 pm
I wish all my kids could go to school wearing masks. I don’t want them to be social outcasts because their mother is a nutcase. I wish someone with authority would stand up.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish all my kids could go to school wearing masks. I don’t want them to be social outcasts because their mother is a nutcase. I wish someone with authority would stand up.

SChools may be moving in that direction. The cheder got much stricter after sending home a class.

No one listens to rabbanim (we have family that is a rav in town). They are ridiculed, yelled at, and deal with literally 100s of phone calls of no purpose - our kids took turns answering the phones - and even cursed at in public over shul rules during covid.

My kids joke that only Jews in Baltimore or Detroit listen to rabbanim. not Lakewood.
Our rav is super strict that you must wear a mask where required by law. No one listens. Why would they listen to other guidelines?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 6:28 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
SChools may be moving in that direction. The cheder got much stricter after sending home a class.

No one listens to rabbanim (we have family that is a rav in town). They are ridiculed, yelled at, and deal with literally 100s of phone calls of no purpose - our kids took turns answering the phones - and even cursed at in public over shul rules during covid.

My kids joke that only Jews in Baltimore or Detroit listen to rabbanim. not Lakewood.
Our rav is super strict that you must wear a mask where required by law. No one listens. Why would they listen to other guidelines?

If the schools mandated them would people listen?

anonymous55

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

This is so sad.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 1:14 pm
Not sure if this will help you, but masks are legally required in schools in New Jersey (since a couple weeks ago). Your school is open and is not requiring/enforcing them?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Not sure if this will help you, but masks are legally required in schools in New Jersey (since a couple weeks ago). Your school is open and is not requiring/enforcing them?

Please don’t report schools.
Just don’t send your kids if you don’t like it.
If you do want to report then please ask your rav first before being moser.

I know one school in nj that was reported. (Not Lakewood) as of now they aren’t opening.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 1:38 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I know one school in nj that was reported. (Not Lakewood) as of now they aren’t opening.

I did not suggest that anyone report a school. Perhaps the administration is simply not aware or perhaps the fact that it is the law in NJ would give the parents who are concerned some additional chizuk in approaching their schools to discuss/request that the school complies and have a mask policy.

However, this is not a matter of just not sending if you don't like it. It has to do with the public health of our communities, which impacts everyone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

You know what? This is a rude comment. Why can’t we follow the law so that I don’t have to be petrified my kids will catch COVID and bring it home. I want my kids to be in school. Why is expecting our communities follow the law being a moser? I hadn’t considered reporting anyone, but your snap response was very insensitive.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You know what? This is a rude comment. Why can’t we follow the law so that I don’t have to be petrified my kids will catch COVID and bring it home. I want my kids to be in school. Why is expecting our communities follow the law being a moser? I hadn’t considered reporting anyone, but your snap response was very insensitive.

Because the schools won’t open and you won’t have a school.

I’m sorry you think I’m insensitive.
If my kids don’t go to school I will fall apart. I will lose my job. I will lose my mind. I can’t eisk that.
I wear masks everywhere. I haven’t been within 10 ft of my parents in 6 months. This isn’t easy for me
But I need my kids I. School.
I didn’t mean to sound insensitive.

I do think schools should do more
All davening and meals in classroom
Indoor recess in classroom with slots for each class in indoor gym or outside staggered.
Masks in hallway.
But it should be discussed with school. Not DOH or DOE. Ppl are doing that. I don’t think anything good will come of it.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Reporting to the authorities is called being a moser. That’s a fact. A rav would need to be consulted first. Fact. I’m not the one who wrote it but why is it insensitive??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Because the schools won’t open and you won’t have a school.

I’m sorry you think I’m insensitive.
If my kids don’t go to school I will fall apart. I will lose my job. I will lose my mind. I can’t eisk that.
I wear masks everywhere. I haven’t been within 10 ft of my parents in 6 months. This isn’t easy for me
But I need my kids I. School.
I didn’t mean to sound insensitive.

I do think schools should do more
All davening and meals in classroom
Indoor recess in classroom with slots for each class
Masks in hallway.
But it should be discussed with school. Not DOH or DOE. Ppl are doing that. I don’t think anything good will come of it.

I don’t want to report anyone. I had never even considered it. Period. I do want my kids to be safe. I also want them to go to school because THEY will fall apart if they don’t. The schools need to do more to be safe, and not cater to the people who think COVID is just part of life now.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries