Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Question! Might be a little intense but here goes...
Previous  1  2  3  4

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 8:56 am
Success10 wrote:
Both Rabbonim are right, and each woman got the psak that she needs. If I hold up an apple, we might both describe it very differently, since I'm sitting on one side of the apple, and you on the other, yet we are both right. Hashem listens to the psakim of both rabbonim, and they are both correct in their rulings in shamayim.

As a side note, once your rav gives you a specific psak for niddah, I don't think you are allowed to go looking for a more lenient psak. You can choose to in general go to a rav who paskens more leniently for niddah issues, if there are recurring issues.

I'm not sure about the analogy. It implies that one rav saw one thing but the other saw the real issue.

malki2

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:27 am
ShishKabob wrote:
That's why Rabbonim usually keep the 'shailah', they don't allow you to take it back with you.

I don’t recall ever asking for it back from the Rov for him to refuse to send it back to me. I never included a self-addressed stamped envelope. Did anyone here ask for her Bedika back?

Seriously though, according to DH they keep them either because they throw them into the garbage right away, or if the shaila is unique, they may show them to a colleague for further discussion. So never send underwear with your name on it! It may be passed around the Bais Medrash the following day!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:40 am
Ruchel wrote:
... what? This has never happened to me, and I would be livid.

Never happened to me either.
But I did hear that once a competent rav said something is no good you can’t say it’s good anymore.
That’s why better to stay away from those who are too machmir.
Usually the really knowledgeable ones are actually less machmir and only say something is no good if it’s really for sure not good, not because they’re not sure etc.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:44 am
malki2 wrote:
I don’t recall ever asking for it back from the Rov for him to refuse to send it back to me. I never included a self-addressed stamped envelope. Did anyone here ask for her Bedika back?

Seriously though, according to DH they keep them either because they throw them into the garbage right away, or if the shaila is unique, they may show them to a colleague for further discussion. So never send underwear with your name on it! It may be passed around the Bais Medrash the following day!

My dh’s uncle is a Rav and although we don’t use him (I prefer not to use family) I know he keeps the interesting ones to discuss with other Rabbanim.
But NEVER with any identification. Never.

Success10

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

But I did hear that once a competent rav said something is no good you can’t say it’s good anymore.

This is part of the point I was trying to make, that a Rav's psak carries real power in shamayim. That is koach Hashem gave over to the Rabbonim.

Legitimate Rabbonim, that is.

Success10

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:47 am
malki2 wrote:
So never send underwear with your name on it! It may be passed around the Bais Medrash the following day!

There are some things you don't publish on the internet.

This is one of those things.

Very Happy
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics