Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid vaccine

Would you get the vaccine now?
yes, I did not have the virus  
 33%  [ 35 ]
Yes, I did have the virus  
 11%  [ 12 ]
No, I did not have the virus  
 31%  [ 33 ]
No, I did have the virus  
 23%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 105

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 3:29 am
Just curious, if a vaccine would come out in the very near future, would you get it?

(please only respond if you are not an anti-vaxxer)

I am middle-age and did not have the virus, and I really cant decide what I would do.

rmbg

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:01 am
I am not an anti vaxxer but I am a cautious and wary and concerned vaxxer. The more I learn, the more I pray each time I Vaccinate one of my children. With that said no I would not get it today. There is so much about the virus itself we don’t yet know, with new information being released every single day, how can we possibly be creating a vaccine For something so unknown?

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:05 am
I said yes, but really only on the condition that the vaccine was released to the public RESPONSIBLY. With proper testing and oversight, which many are saying is impossible in such a short time span.

rmbg

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:13 am
Success10 wrote:
I said yes, but really only on the condition that the vaccine was released to the public RESPONSIBLY. With proper testing and oversight, which many are saying is impossible in such a short time span.

Then your answer is no. The question was if it was released in the near future. Like you said that is not quite possible in such a short time span.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:42 am
I voted no but what I mean is, not yet.
I would want to make sure that it seems safe (although I heard of a certain shot, not vaccine more like a medication- that had fatal side effects 20 years later). If it is safe and helpful then yes, as I did have corona in one of it’s worst forms and I would never want to have it again.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:44 am
If you had asked me 3 months ago, I probably would have said yes, but now I'm pregnant and I doubt it's been tested for pregnancy

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:50 am
I don’t know if I had the virus or not, but I wouldn’t get vaccinated right now, not even in a few years. Like someone else said, I’m a cautionary vaxxer, and there’s no way to determine the long term effects of a rushed vaccine.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:51 am
No, even though we had the virus and have some long term effects.

The vaccine is being released very quickly without adequate testing and research.
We don’t know the long term side effects as there isn’t time for it to be studied.

We also don’t know enough about the virus to have a really effective vaccine.

If antibodies start to drop within three months after you are over the virus, then how will a vaccine work better? Most vaccines in general need more than one dose, while getting something like the measles Itself you only get it once to get immunity for life. (I do vaccinate. I don’t go to “measles parties”...) I would not take a vaccine every three months, or even six months!

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:54 am
No.

I don't trust vaccines in general and I trust even less a vaccine that was rushed through.

I don't consider myself high risk as I rarely get colds and never the flu, Bli Ayin Horah.

I plan to stock up on quinine (a supplement that works like hydroxyclorquine) zinc,
vitamin c and vitamin d3 just in case I come down with any virus.

meme6

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 9:29 am
I’m a pro vaxxer! But one thing I learned with this particular virus and vaccine.
We are 5-6 months in and when you read and look no one is smarter about the virus but yet they will have a vaccine they have zero protocol but yes a vaccine.
When I read up and look at charts the democratic states have triple death rate verses republican states. Why is this? I have so many unanswered questions

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:44 am
I am not an anti-vaxxer, I give all vaccines on time and the flu shot every year. But I am definitely not being first on line for the covid vaccine. That's not to say I would never give it, just that I want to wait and see

wiki

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 3:34 pm
If the FDA still has its current leadership and they conclude, after trials, that the vaccine is safe end effective, you bet I'll line up to get it right away! And I'll take it one step further: I'll encourage everyone else I know to do the same.

Scorning scientific consensus, especially pertaining to infectious issues of public health, provokes anti-Semitic backlash, over and over.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 4:13 pm
wiki wrote:
If the FDA still has its current leadership and they conclude, after trials, that the vaccine is safe end effective, you bet I'll line up to get it right away! And I'll take it one step further: I'll encourage everyone else I know to do the same.

Scorning scientific consensus, especially pertaining to infectious issues of public health, provokes anti-Semitic backlash, over and over.

I dunno. I am nervous to take a vaccine for a virus that we know so little about. the virus itself is concerning. We have no idea long term outcomes, even short ones we are still learning. And to take a vaccine for this very NEW virus?!

esuss

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:13 pm
They had a vaccine for the h1n1 (swine) flu just as fast a few years ago. It is now Incorporated in the annual flu shot. It was tested and researched on an equally fast track. I don't hear negative reactions to that one. It was so successful that we don't worry about the swine flu anymore. I don't see why this vaccine would be any different.
I had covid and am afraid of getting it a second time. I plan on taking the vaccine as soon as it's out.

nchr

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:19 pm
Yes, I would get the vaccine. Much of what was rushed is not so relevant to us anyways. In addition, the vaccine will likely be required for travel, and since I travel often for work, I will need the vaccine.

gold21

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 6:53 pm
wiki wrote:

The assumption that only Jews are hesitant about the covid vaccine is kind of peddling in anti semitic tropes..... Hmm.

Get out there a little, many many non Jewish people are hesitant about the vaccine.

This has nothing at all to do with the anti vaxx movement, which unfortunately operates with group-think, and is a movement that I am certainly not a member of. I am a member of the Common Sense & Free Thought movement. I don't do group-think. And I vaxx.

Science isn't G-d. Science is fallible.

Why was the dtap vaccine changed from cellular pertussis to acellular pertussis if the first (which was science approved) was so perfect? Because science is fallible.

By the way, wearing short skirts may cause rape. Just saying. Kinda like being afraid of the covid vaccine may cause anti semitism.

You can purchase a high neck long sleeved long skirted robe at the store in my basement. It comes with matching gloves, face & head covering, leggings, and booties. I'll even throw in a Bible and a lawn sign that says Stop Rape, You Bunch of Sluts. Perfectly appropriate language to have in ones lawn, I would say, particularly for a feminist like myself. Feel free to PM for details.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 7:55 pm
esuss wrote:
They had a vaccine for the h1n1 (swine) flu just as fast a few years ago. It is now Incorporated in the annual flu shot. It was tested and researched on an equally fast track. I don't hear negative reactions to that one. It was so successful that we don't worry about the swine flu anymore. I don't see why this vaccine would be any different.
I had covid and am afraid of getting it a second time. I plan on taking the vaccine as soon as it's out.

I feel the exact same way. Normally I'm very cautious with new vaccines, but I had Covid, and I would be willing to take the chance with a new Covid vaccine, if the alternative was the chance that I might get Covid again.

I'll meet you in the front of the line!

keym

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:04 pm
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

This article bothers me. This vaccine has every known conspiracy theory attached to it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the vaccine. My family probably won't be first in line. We are young, and not particularly high risk.
But at least I'm not spreading every theory about it.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:16 pm
keym wrote:
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/09/whats-in-the-covid-19-vaccines-fetal-human-and-animal-cells-yes-ron-benvenisti.html

This article bothers me. This vaccine has every known conspiracy theory attached to it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the vaccine. My family probably won't be first in line. We are young, and not particularly high risk.
But at least I'm not spreading every theory about it.

That's a very bizarre article.

wiki

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:23 pm
gold21 wrote:
The assumption that only Jews are hesitant about the covid vaccine is kind of peddling in anti semitic tropes..... Hmm.

Get out there a little, many many non Jewish people are hesitant about the vaccine.

This has nothing at all to do with the anti vaxx movement, which unfortunately operates with group-think, and is a movement that I am certainly not a member of. I am a member of the Common Sense & Free Thought movement. I don't do group-think. And I vaxx.

Science isn't G-d. Science is fallible.

Why was the dtap vaccine changed from cellular pertussis to acellular pertussis if the first (which was science approved) was so perfect? Because science is fallible.

By the way, wearing short skirts may cause rape. Just saying. Kinda like being afraid of the covid vaccine may cause anti semitism.

You can purchase a high neck long sleeved long skirted robe at the store in my basement. It comes with matching gloves, face & head covering, leggings, and booties. I'll even throw in a Bible and a lawn sign that says Stop Rape, You Bunch of Sluts. Perfectly appropriate language to have in ones lawn, I would say, particularly for a feminist like myself. Feel free to PM for details.

Never said that Jews were the only ones who, in some portion, have a community-level problem of insufficient science literacy.

The analogy to rape doesn't work, because the rapist would go after the woman dressed provocatively and ignore her neighbors. The anti-Semites don't ask you if you are cautious about normal standards of public health before they throw bricks at you.

That's why I would advocate for all of the frum community to abide by the going rate standards of public health. THANKS!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics