Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Favorite daily planner

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:01 pm
I'm looking for a way to organize my life and I think having a great daily planner may help me. I'd like to try the "time blocking" technique where you make appointments with set amount of times for each day.
Here's what I'm looking for in my planner
-does not need to have Jewish/Hebrew dates and times etc
-have daily pages with time slots similar to an appointment book
-not to fat or heavy (I've tried the driven day planner mini one and it was way too bulky for me)
-would be nice if it had extras such as daily journal entry prompts ect but not necessary

Thanks everyone!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:05 pm
marks tokyo - I love it, my lifesaver, used it the past four years and just purchased one for next year.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:06 pm
If you like time blocks maybe the one from Jordan page may be good. You can get the 3 month and you put in your own dates...

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm looking for a way to organize my life and I think having a great daily planner may help me. I'd like to try the "time blocking" technique where you make appointments with set amount of times for each day.
Here's what I'm looking for in my planner
-does not need to have Jewish/Hebrew dates and times etc
-have daily pages with time slots similar to an appointment book
-not to fat or heavy (I've tried the driven day planner mini one and it was way too bulky for me)
-would be nice if it had extras such as daily journal entry prompts ect but not necessary

Thanks everyone!

If you just need time slots, why not use the At a Glance planner. Inexpensive, not too heavy, has what you need.

I bullet journal. It lets me customize every day to what I need. But that may not be for you.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:12 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-SDzADQM9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoZVPDXABQ

in these videos different typoe of planner systems are presented/compared

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
marks tokyo - I love it, my lifesaver, used it the past four years and just purchased one for next year.

Where do you purchase it? I tried googling and it looks all Japanese?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-SDzADQM9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoZVPDXABQ

in these videos different typoe of planner systems are presented/compared

Thanks, that's really helpful, I really don't even know what exactly I'm looking for so this is great!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
If you like time blocks maybe the one from Jordan page may be good. You can get the 3 month and you put in your own dates...

I took her course and then sent the printable pages to Staples. They reduced the size and I keep only a set number of pages. I took one and shrunk and laminated it for the fridge. You could make something easily in Excel

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:40 pm
There’s actually a downloadable version of it for $13

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:45 pm
I am currently liking my passion planner weekly, and they make a daily version too that looks nice. They offer a (free!) download of the weekly, if they have that for the daily too then you can just print a few at a time and not have bulky.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:50 pm
Another vote for bullet journaling. I got into it this year (found out about it on Imamother), and it’s had a great effect on my life and getting organised.

Basically, whatever features you want out of a planner you can have, because you’re creating it yourself. It can be however simple or artsy as you like. Whatever works best for you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:55 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Another vote for bullet journaling. I got into it this year (found out about it on Imamother), and it’s had a great effect on my life and getting organised.

Basically, whatever features you want out of a planner you can have, because you’re creating it yourself. It can be however simple or artsy as you like. Whatever works best for you.

I love the idea of bullet journaling in theory but I know already that it's so hard for me to stay consistent with keeping a journal at all... But I want to start because I started missing doctor appointments, forgetting when my school zoom classes start etc.
So I feel like a simple appointment kind of journal will work best because if I'm dreading writing in the things I need to do, I can't imagine also having to sit and think about what pages I want and how the layout should be etc.
Maybe one day when I get into the habit of doing the regular daily planner every day then I can start with bullet journaling. It just looks like a lot of work for me now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 11:57 pm
seeker wrote:
I am currently liking my passion planner weekly, and they make a daily version too that looks nice. They offer a (free!) download of the weekly, if they have that for the daily too then you can just print a few at a time and not have bulky.

This looks perfect! I just checked their free download section and they have a one month download if the first 10 pages of their journal and it has the month and daily pages I think. I think I will print that and see how I like it.

Siriusly?

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 6:53 am
SixOfWands wrote:
If you just need time slots, why not use the At a Glance planner. Inexpensive, not too heavy, has what you need.

I bullet journal. It lets me customize every day to what I need. But that may not be for you.

I bullet journal too! Highly recommend; I love the fact that I can fully customise it to have exactly what I need, and if one setup doesn't work so well I can simply change it next time, instead of being stuck with the same planner for a whole year... you can also make it as artistic or minimalist as you like - it doesn't have to take to much time or effort.

aliavi

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I love the idea of bullet journaling in theory but I know already that it's so hard for me to stay consistent with keeping a journal at all... But I want to start because I started missing doctor appointments, forgetting when my school zoom classes start etc.
So I feel like a simple appointment kind of journal will work best because if I'm dreading writing in the things I need to do, I can't imagine also having to sit and think about what pages I want and how the layout should be etc.
Maybe one day when I get into the habit of doing the regular daily planner every day then I can start with bullet journaling. It just looks like a lot of work for me now.

For appointments I use the google calendar app with reminders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics