Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Inexpensive lightweight vacuum

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:25 pm
I am looking for an inexpensive lightweight vacuum good for hardwood floors, some tile and some low pile carpet. This is for my daughter's studio apartment so I don't want to spend a lot. I may get a separate brush attachment in case the floor piece scratches the hardwood but it must be able to roll on a low pile carpet. Any personal recommendations? Thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 9:30 pm
Don't know what you consider inexpensive but the shark navigator lift away is very lightweight and works on carpet and hard floors. (I just vacuumed a bathroom with it, lol)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 9:33 pm
We bought the Atrix Lil Red canister vacuum for $80. Small to store, does the job, comes with attachments to be able to reach into the couch cushions.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 9:39 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....21a0c

I bought this and use it on both hardwood and low-pile carpet. Works great.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We bought the Atrix Lil Red canister vacuum for $80. Small to store, does the job, comes with attachments to be able to reach into the couch cushions.

I'm so glad to hear that you own this one as I was just looking at it on Amazon! Can you tell me please: I want to be sure that the attachment that is mean for hard floors (the hard floor brush attachment) does not scratch the hardwood floors since this is a rental apartment. I read in a review that there are wheels on the floor attachment. Is this true? In your opinion, can these scratch hardwood floors?
Also, my daughter has one low pile carpet. Does the other floor attachment (what they call the "canister floor tool") work well on that?

Thanks so much!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so glad to hear that you own this one as I was just looking at it on Amazon! Can you tell me please: I want to be sure that the attachment that is mean for hard floors (the hard floor brush attachment) does not scratch the hardwood floors since this is a rental apartment. I read in a review that there are wheels on the floor attachment. Is this true? In your opinion, can these scratch hardwood floors?
Also, my daughter has one low pile carpet. Does the other floor attachment (what they call the "canister floor tool") work well on that?

Thanks so much!

I use it mostly on hardwood. BH it does not scratch. The wheels are smooth. It works fine on flat carpet.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:07 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ae1e1

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I use it mostly on hardwood. BH it does not scratch. The wheels are smooth. It works fine on flat carpet.

Perfect! thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry