Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
ISO soup recipe...

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 11:19 am
I have potatoes, carrots and onions and wanted to make a thick veggie soup, (also have chicken bouillon cubes and other spices) im not good with making something up without measurements/ specifics, which is why I dont want to just throw it all together...anyone have a specific recipe?

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:16 pm
Simple. Sauteed diced onions. Add garlic. Cube in carrots and potatoes. Fill with water. Cook untill soft. Blend. Delicious!

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:17 pm
You know what? You just got me so in the mood. Sending out DD to buy these ingredients

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 2:35 pm
If you want it chunky, sauté diced onion and minced garlic. Dice half of the potatoes and carrots and shred the other half and add to the pot. Add water to cover, bring to a boil and cook until soft, about 35 minutes. Add salt and pepper, tasting as you go until it is very flavorful.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 2:45 pm
Sauté onion, add stock, cube potatoes (tiny lil cube babies), grate in carrot. Throw in some pastina if you have.
If you wanna be extra fancy, blend 1/2 c fresh basil with 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil and drizzle on top on each bowl of soup when serving.

ChanieMommy

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 3:11 pm
Dice onions, saute till golden-brown (gives a sweet taste), add water, add salt and pepper, put in diced potatoes (about 1 inch), cut carrots, boil till potatoes are soft... (it's better to use floury potatoes)
Actually that's my favorite comfort food... I take out a bit of the water before blending, because I like it very thick... It's also standard baby food..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus